Create a complex dynamic link
Create complex dynamic links to transform linked values.
- InProject view, select an object that contains a property to link.
- InPropertieshover-over the property to link, selectAdd Dynamic Link
- In the dynamic link browser, selectAdvanced.
- (optional) To open the complex dynamic link editor in the central pane, selectOpen in editor.TIP: Opening the complex dynamic link editor in the central pane is useful if you edit a complex dynamic link with a lengthy logic.
- To insert a dynamic link:
- SelectInsertDynamic link.
- Set the dynamic link source by selectingAdd Dynamic LinkThe reference to the selected node or variable appears in the property. Before the property, appears to indicate that the property contains a dynamic link.TIP: If the dynamic link does not resolve at design time, appears before the dynamic link. A dynamic link to a Windows alias may resolve at runtime. If the dynamic link is broken because the linked attribute no longer exists or has been moved, appears before the link.
- To insert a converter:
- Create the converter logic by entering data or creating dynamic links in the converter fields.TIP: You can create a dynamic link by selectingAdd Dynamic Link
- To change the dynamic link direction, select the icon:
- Read from the source node to the parent.
- Write from the parent to the source node.
- Read from the source node to the parent and write from the parent to the source node.
- To link the source variable to the specific index of the parent variable:
- SelectConfigureand selectAdd parent array index.
- SetParent array index value.
- To create a converter on which you can dynamically build the variable source path, selectConfigureand selectEU Mode:
- Default. No conversion is applied.
- Localize. Sets the unit of measure of the parent variable based on the user locale.
- Copy EU from source. Sets the unit of measure of the parent variable as the unit of measure of the source variable.
- To add a dynamic path converter:
- SelectConfigureand selectKey-value converterorConditional converter.
- Set the converter properties.
- To delete a dynamic link or a converter, in the block, selectDelete
Have questions or feedback about this documentation? Please submit your feedback here.