Features and Advantages
Discrete event simulation allows you to quickly analyze a process or system’s behavior over time, ask yourself “why” or "what if" questions, and design or change processes or systems without any financial implications.
Arena Discrete Event Simulation Software features:
- Flowchart modeling methodology includes a large library of pre-defined building blocks to model your process without the need for custom programming
- Complete range of statistical distribution options to accurately model process variability
- Ability to define object paths and routes for simulation
- Statistical analysis and report generation
- Performance metrics and dashboards
- Realistic 2D and 3D animation capabilities to visualize results beyond numbers
Arena Discrete Event Simulation Software advantages:
- Improve visibility into the effect of a system or process change
- Explore opportunities for new procedures or methods without disrupting the current system
- Diagnose and fix problems
- Reduce or eliminate bottlenecks
- Reduce operating costs
- Improve financial forecasting
- Better assess hardware and software requirements
- Reduce delivery times
- Better manage inventory levels, personnel, communications systems, and equipment
- Increase profitability through overall improved operations
Understand the Potential Impact of Business Process Decisions Before They are Made
Business processes reside in every type of organization, regardless of size or industry. If they are clearly defined and optimized on a regular basis, they will undoubtedly contribute to your company’s overall success and profitability. Simulating or modeling a specific business process gives you the ability to analyze and make decisions on how to improve that process. Through business process modeling software, you can achieve results well before any financial repercussions arise from your decisions.
Arena business process simulation software allows you to create these business process models, arming you with the intelligence needed to reduce costs, measure performance, and optimize your business operations. Its ease of use, flexibility, and scalability will help you model any aspect of your enterprise. Active dashboard reporting tools enhance presentations and will help you make the best decisions without requiring additional time, resources, or capital investments—before your decisions impact your bottom line.
Business process simulation provides the ability to answer the following questions:
- How can we achieve our performance objectives?
- When should we increase or reduce resources?
- What will be the impact of making this operational change?
- How can I demonstrate my findings to the organization?
Business process modeling provides the ability to:
- Graphically present process flows for even the most complex of business processes
- Monitor, analyze, and better understand process behavior and workflows
- Better predict a new design or system’s performance, response times, and bottlenecks
- Evaluate the impact of failure rates
- Change or improve the way systems are configured and tasks are performed
- Create models to depict a better way of carrying out specific processes
- Test alternatives to determine which are best for the business
- Demonstrate results both visually and quantitatively to enhance acceptance and understanding of decisions
Arena Simulation Software Helps Solve Business Process Issues
Arena® Simulation software is used around the world by companies in a variety of industries. Regardless of industry, there are specific challenges that all businesses face. Check out the following case studies to see how other companies have benefited from Arena’s capabilities.