Our SMC™-3 Soft Starters are available with a current range from 3...480 A. They feature compact, true three-phase control in a cost-effective package. They include overload protection, integral bypass, and motor and system diagnostics.
- Provides 3…480 A range
- Uses rated voltage: 200…690V AC, 50/60 Hz
- Includes five start and stop modes
- Provides built-in electronic motor overload protection
- Includes hold-to-test/push-to-reset button
- Offers easy and secure setup using DIP switches
- Provides built-in silicon-controlled rectifier (SCR) bypass/run contactor
- Programming via Connected Components Workbench™ software
- This product is designed for many applications that include compressors, chillers, pumps, conveyors, and crushers
Do you need a soft starter or an AC drive? What does your application require? When choosing between a soft starter and an AC drive what do you need to consider? Read the following blogs to learn more:
- cULus Listed (Open Type) (File No. E96956, Guides NMFT, NMFT7)
- CSA Certified (File No. LR 1234)
- CE Marked (Open Type) per EMC and Low Voltage Directive
- CCC Certified
- Suitable for use with IE3 Motors (IEC 60034-30)
- CSA C22.2 No.14
- EN/IEC 60947-1
- EN/IEC 60947-4-2
- UL 508
Certifications apply when product is marked. See our Product Certification site for Declarations of Conformity, certificates and other certification details.
- SMC Estimation Wizard — Obtain a more advanced analysis of both the device and the system.
- SMC Thermal Wizard — Conduct simple thermal analysis and selection of an SMC product for a given application.