Our Allen-Bradley PLC-5® programmable logix controllers had a long run, but they are now discontinued. We are here to help you migrate and take advantage of new functionality and capabilities found in the ControlLogix® platform of controllers. Whether you’re looking for tools to help you do it yourself, or would like a turnkey migration solution, we can assist with your PLC-5 migration.
Resources to Help You Migrate
The PLC-5 Control System is among the largest installed base of any one control platform. However, spare parts, repaired units, and skilled engineers are becoming increasingly scarce.
There are plenty of resources available to help you migrate, and you have several options as you develop a proactive lifecycle plan. You may choose to work with a trusted partner such as Rockwell Automation, a system integrator/solution provider, or even do it yourself. We offer a full portfolio of modernization and migration services and tools to ease the process.
We offer many self-service migration resources for your aging systems:
- Easy-to-use hardware selection and conversion applications
- Automated software code conversion tools
- Controller and I/O wiring conversion systems
- Network interface modules
Modernization and Migration Services
Turnkey engineering services simplify the modernization process
Our Modernization and Migration Services can help you evaluate your options for addressing legacy hardware. We have the engineering expertise to help assess, plan, and execute the best lifecycle strategy for your facility based on your business outcomes and needs. If you need support modernizing a single PLC-5 system or multiple systems, we can help you:
- Modernize your legacy hardware to improve application functionality and increase security by leveraging capabilities of the latest technology
- Migrate your legacy hardware to mitigate your obsolescence risk by moving to the latest technology and reduce your maintenance costs and downtime
Why work with Rockwell Automation on your modernization or conversion project?
- Domain expertise and capability to help you develop a modernization path to address your biggest risks first and support desired business outcomes
- Utilization of local resources and long-term support with our global footprint
- Projects delivered based on your schedule, budget, and specific needs using Rockwell Automation best practices
Matching Your Business Goals with the Potential of Technology
Reducing energy costs. Improving maintenance. These are two ambitious goals Toyota achieved when using ControlLogix programmable logic controllers. We understand you have ambitious goals, and we are here to match your business goals with the potential of technology. This case study details how new controls are saving 1 million kilowatt-hours annually to support Toyota’s zero-emissions goals.