Available Second Quarter - Calendar Year 2023
ArmorBlock 5000 I/O Blocks
Imagine having the flexibility to meet challenging application needs with minimal operation disruption and cost. Our ArmorBlock 5000™ I/O blocks integrated with IO-Link technology can help you achieve that.
Designed for On-Machine™ use in harsh environments, our ArmorBlock 5000 I/O solution offers the scalability that will help reduce total installation time and cost and unplanned downtime. The industrially-hardened blocks offer rating up to IP69K, three power variants, flexible mounting options, and IO-Link Class A and Class B ports. Also, the distributed I/O blocks are integrated with Studio 5000® design software to provide exceptional performance and ease in manufacturing.
Simpler. Faster. More intuitive.
Discover our new ArmorBlock 5000 I/O blocks built with IO-Link technology, an On-Machine distributed I/O solution designed to simplify smart machine development and optimize operational productivity.
Our IO-Link enabled I/O blocks provide greater flexibility to meet demanding application requirements while minimizing engineering time and cost.
How can our On-Machine distributed I/O solution benefit machine builders?
The modular ArmorBlock 5000 I/O can help:
- Enhance device integration and system agility through IO-Link capabilities
- Minimize downtime through easy distributed monitoring and control
- Ease maintenance and troubleshooting with diagnostic data
- Save installation time with flexible mounting options and reduced wiring
- Speed up setup and commissioning using the intuitive and familiar Logix environment
Enable smart machines for The Connected Enterprise
The high-performance ArmorBlock 5000 I/O blocks can improve uptime and boost efficiency, which can help your machine operate more effectively.
- Simplify engineering through seamless IO-Link device integration and replacement
- Deliver insightful data in real time for informed decision-making
- Support high-speed motion control applications with rating up to IP69K rating
- Optimize for On-Machine use, which helps to reduce wiring and cabinet space
Engineered for better durability
Keeping your machines and equipment clean is a must. ArmorBlock 5000 I/O blocks are designed to withstand water wash down, so it’s appropriate for your most demanding applications. More than that, ArmorBlock 5000 I/O with IO-Link Technology helps to optimize maintenance and troubleshooting, which helps improve productivity and flexibility.
Features and Benefits
- Meets a wide range of regional and industry needs with Mini 4-pin, Mini 5-pin, and L-coded power variants
- Reduces installation footprint with up to 8 IO-Link channels, 12 digital inputs, and 16 outputs
- Provides better visibility with well-positioned light-emitting diode (LED) for block and/or channel level diagnostics, which can help reduce machine downtime
- Offers rating up to IP69K for On-Machine use
- Eases setup and commissioning in an intuitive Logix environment
- Provides a highly integrated IO-Link distributed I/O solution for ControlLogix® 5580, CompactLogix™ 5380, and CompactLogix 5480 controllers
- Works with Studio 5000 Logix Designer® application version 35 or later
- Provides efficient installation and replacement via plug and play
- Offers flexible mounting installation
ArmorBlock 5000 I/O IO-Link master
- Eases configuration with common tag structure and configuration workflow
- Offers four IO-Link Class A and four IO-Link Class B ports
- Drives Class B output device up to 2A with an isolated high current output channel
- Supports IO-Link protocol 1.1.3
- cULus Listed
- UKCA Marked
Certifications apply when product is marked. See our Product Certification site for Declarations of Conformity, certificates and other certification details.
We have the expertise and solutions to meet your unique industrial automation challenges anywhere in the world.