Your Bill of Materials (BOM) will help you create a product list to collaborate with colleagues and partners alike. Use this tool to increase productivity and track vital information such as current product life cycle status and other key documentation regarding products in your Bill of Material.
Upload a Bill of Materials
To successfully upload products from an existing file to your Bill of Materials (BOM) make sure your file is well formatted before uploading. Only CSV files are allowed.
- Go to Manage > My Bill of Materials
- Create a new BOM or select the one where you want to upload the file
- Click on the More Actions button located in the upper right hand corner, and select Upload
- Click on Choose CSV File, browse and select your file
Note: If prompted, validate that the shown preview is showing the expected information. If there is not a Quantity column in your original file, when uploading, select none.
How should I format my file?
To ensure a successful upload, format the file with the following considerations:
- The first row must only be used for column titles
- Catalog Number is required, use this exact verbiage for the column title
- For Quantity column use this exact verbiage for the column title
- Quantities greater than 999 will default to 999
- If there is not a Quantity column, it will default to 1
- Uploading is limited to 250 line items at one time
Follow the example to ensure the appropriate format or download the template.
How can I save my existing file as CSV?
Many spreadsheet programs such as Microsoft Excel, Numbers or Google Sheets allows editing and exporting files as CSV.
- Open your file in the spreadsheet program and go to "File"
- Select "Save as", "Export as" or "Download as"
- Choose "CSV" as the file format and export it
Note: Comma Separated Values (CSV) files are plain text documents. Different programs allow you to export these types of files.