Bulletin 842E-CM Integrated Motion on EtherNet/IP™ Absolute Encoders are designed for motion control applications that require feedback-only axes. These encoders support the standard motion instruction set in the Studio 5000™ Logix Designer application. By providing auxiliary feedback directly through an EtherNet/IP network, these encoders eliminate the need for point-to-point wiring. You can use them in a variety of network topologies such as linear, ring, or star. These encoders leverage CIP Sync, a time synchronization extension that is fully compliant with IEEE 1588.
- Providers EtherNet/IP™ Interface that is compliant with IEEE 1588
- Offers high resolution feedback through single-turn and multi-turn options
- Supports Ethernet topologies including linear, ring, and star
- Provides easy IP addressing
- IP67 protection class
- Available in solid and hollow shafts
- CE marked
Certifications apply when product is marked. See our Product Certification site for Declarations of Conformity, certificates and other certification details.
Configuration and Selection Tools
- CrossWorks — Convert competitive catalog numbers to similar Allen-Bradley® products.
- ProposalWorks — Build complete quotes and proposals.
- 842E-CM Integrated Motion on EtherNetIP Absolute Encoders — This video shows you how to configure the 842E-CM Integrated Motion on EtherNet/IP Absolute Encoders using Studio 5000 software.
- Knowledgebase — Visit our online resource for technical information, support chat and forums, software updates, and product safety advisories/notices.