Rockwell Automation has a proven approach to increase your industrial network security. The Connected Services suite helps you assess, design, implement, and manage your OT environment. These automation-agnostic services encompass virtual infrastructure, networks, and cybersecurity. Whether you are a single site or an enterprise, services are scaled to meet you where you are on your journey in a globally consistent manner.
Secure Industrial Network Design Features Reduce Risk
Secure industrial network design features reduce
What are the features of a secure network infrastructure? Today’s industrial organizations turn to Rockwell Automation to ensure that the right network security features are in place for high security, high efficiency, and lower risk of downtime from cyberattacks.
A flexible and resilient OT network architecture typically includes features that help protect critical business assets such as controllers, data, assets and applications. Segmentation strategies such as deploying an Industrial Demilitarized Zone, or IDMZ, can help prevent breaches that start in IT from moving to OT networks. Additional micro-segmentation steps can create granular ‘Protect Surfaces’ around specific assets, further hardening perimeters with firewalls and increased access controls.
Continuous threat monitoring is a necessity when protecting high-stakes operations. And when it comes to devices accessing the network – mobile, IoT devices and others - an endpoint security strategy provides a significant layer of defense. All these considerations are part of the service stack from Rockwell Automation, built for you or deployed as managed services.
Discover Network and Cybersecurity Services
Move towards efficiency, reliability, and greater security
Rockwell Automation simplifies industrial network security so you can gain all the benefits of connected data. We handle all stages of network security, from assessment, design, and implementation to ongoing monitoring and management:
- Network assessment and design. Topology, performance, and remediation planning for current state network or comprehensive future state logical and physical design blueprint
- Network implementation. Deployment of logical and physical OT network topology design, hardware procurement, engineering commissioning services, and delivery of standardized documentation packages
- Network management. 24/7 real-time monitoring and administration services for OT network switches, warranty management, firmware updates, and network configuration changes
- Security posture survey. Simplified cybersecurity hygiene scoring and reporting to prioritize remediation plans for found or known vulnerabilities
- Threat detection management. 24/7 real-time monitoring and administration services for compute and operational infrastructure
Network Security in a Converged Plantwide Ethernet Architecture (CPwE)
Rockwell Automation and Cisco combine to protect your operations
CPwE is a collection of tested and validated architectures developed by experts at Cisco and Rockwell Automation. The testing and validation follow the Cisco Validated Design (CVD) and Cisco Reference Design (CRD) methodologies.
The content of CPwE architecture, which is relevant to both OT and IT environments, consists of documented architectures, best practices, guidance and configuration settings to help industrial operations and OEMs with the design and deployment of a scalable, more reliable, more secure and future-ready plant-wide industrial network infrastructure. CPwE also helps industrial operations and OEMs achieve cost reduction benefits using proven designs that can facilitate quicker deployment while helping to minimize risk in deploying new technology.
Industrial IoT (IIoT) offers the promise of business benefits using innovative technologies such as mobility, collaboration, analytics, and cloud-based services.