When it comes to the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT), there’s boundless opportunity—more than most companies can fund or manage. So, its key that you prioritize opportunities and applications that will help you quickly realize early returns on your investments while creating the right foundation for longer-term growth and success.
Where’s the Impact?
New digital innovations, applications and solutions can enable significant improvements in manufacturing performance and business outcomes in five key areas:
- Assets and operations: Management and control of equipment and systems within a given operating environment.
- Resources and environment: Focused on the resources utilized and consumed conducting operations as well as environmental systems and management.
- People and processes: Deal with the impact of operators, skilled technicians and support personnel on operations.
- Materials and supply chain: Focused on the information, and resources involved in providing the raw materials and components required in production.
- Enterprise integration: Focused on linkages and integrations with the information and resources within the enterprise that require interfaces to/from to support production.
Which digital use cases will have measurable outcomes for your organization?
You will need to make decisions in two distinct contexts—running your ore business as efficiently as possible while also being able to identify new manufacturing and systems innovations.
Selecting the right use case is an important step in building your plan and finding the right fit in your larger IIoT strategy. Don’t limit your discovery to only your industry because there are valuable lessons that have been learned across diverse processes and industries.
For all industries, rapid industrial enterprise transformation requires a purpose-built, pre-integrated software suite that accelerates IT/OT convergence, extends insights in real time, and establishes a foundation to scale solutions across sites.
How Data-Driven Technologies Impact Your Strategy
Digitization and the continued evolution of new software and data-driven technologies will impact virtually every dimension of your strategy and operating model and will likely make the business look and feel very different in the coming years.
New digital and IIoT technology and solutions will revolve around real-time situational awareness and automated analysis. Technology moves beyond just proposing task solutions—such as executing a work order or a sales order— to sensing what is happening in the world around it, analyzing that new information for risks and possibilities, presenting alternatives, and taking actions.
Perspective on emerging digital innovations, applications and use cases can provide you with a framework for identifying new digital and IIoT solution opportunities.
In this fast-changing environment, your ability to identify emergent trends and potential new process innovations will become a minimum requirement.
This capability is more art than science and requires acute observation of the external world. Staying close to your customers, vigilantly tracking competitors maneuvers, and embracing new digital and IIoT technologies is critically important.
Qualify for a workshop or sign up for a demo of these concepts in action.