For plants to become information driven, they need a strong foundation consisting of one industrial network architecture. It is crucial to send data to the right place, at the right time, and in the right context. A network infrastructure that is built on standard EtherNet and IP enables the flow of data across your global enterprise.
Industrial Communication Protocols
Future-proof Industrial Networking with Standard Ethernet and IP
EtherNet/IP™ is an open industrial Ethernet network capable of handling discrete, safety, motion, process, and drive control applications. EtherNet/IP helps to enable secure, real-time information between machines, systems, and enterprises. This network allows information technology (IT) and operations technology (OT) professionals to more easily meet their business goals.
We are a member of ODVA, who defines standards and develops tools for the deployment of the Common Industrial Protocol (CIP). CIP is an application layer protocol that is shared by a family of industrial networks, EtherNet/IP, ControlNet™, and DeviceNet™. It provides industrial networking for safety, time synchronization, motion control, and information. This protocol provides CIP Safety™, CIP Sync™, CIP Motion™, CIP Energy™, and CIP Security™ services.
Integrating Plant and Enterprise Networks
When you design and deploy a network infrastructure, it is important to understand how IT and OT work together. We have partnered with industry leaders that have experience with this convergence and know what it takes for your systems to work seamlessly.
In collaboration with Cisco, we:
- Connect industrial networks up to the enterprise network infrastructure
- Develop a reliable, secure, and safe infrastructure
- Develop tested and validated reference architectures, industrial network products, and network design training
In collaboration with Panduit, we:
- Provide pre-configured physical network infrastructure solutions, including industrial data centers and zone enclosures
- Connect industrial networks into the enterprise network infrastructure
- Develop network design training