Our Bulletin 1747 SLC™ 500 control platform is used for a wide variety of applications. Rockwell Automation has announced that some SLC 500 Bulletin numbers are discontinued and no longer available for sale. Customers are encouraged to migrate to our newer CompactLogix™ 5370 or 5380 control platforms.
- Ladder-logic and structured-text programming
- Advanced instruction set including file handling, sequencer, diagnostic, shift register, immediate I/O, and program control instructions
- Built-in RS-232/422/423 communication port
- DeviceNet and ControlNet I/O on selected processors
- One or more on-board ports that can be configured for either Data Highway Plus™ (DH+) or Universal Remote I/O
- Universal Remote I/O ports can be configured as an I/O scanner port or an I/O adapter port
- Ethernet PLC-5® controllers and the Ethernet interface module (1785-ENET) provide built-in web services
- Backup options for increased fault tolerance through the ControlNet™ Hot Backup module or the PLC-5 Backup Communication module
It’s time to step forward to newer technology. The SLC™ 500 control system migration is part of the proactive modernization plan we have for you. As our SLC™ 5/01, 5/02 and 5/03 8K series controllers are discontinued and no longer available for sale, to support your transition, we recommend that you migrate to our CompactLogix 5380 control platform.
Certifications apply when product is marked. See our Product Certification site for Declarations of Conformity, certificates and other certification details.