We are committed to our mission of environmental stewardship. We comply fully with regional, national, and local regulations that restrict the use of certain hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment. To support your compliance programs, we strive to provide easy access to the documentation you and your customers require.
Product safety at Rockwell Automation is a formal function in our Office of Product Safety & Security and reports to through the Chief Technology Officer. The Office of Product Safety and Security reviews all product safety-related incidents, tracks their management, and shares best practices within our company.
Our Product Safety management system consists of:
- Product safety managers at the corporate level, within the Office of Product Safety & Security
- A set of product safety company policies that govern the management system
- Product safety coordinators at product line and business unit levels
- Yearly employee training on product/service safety
Product safety is considered for the entire life cycle of the products including installation, operations, maintenance and end of life. Our approach integrates:
- A proactive process: Product safety risk is evaluated and documented for each product, whether new or as an update, during development. Unacceptable risks have to be mitigated by design.
- A reactive process: All product safety related incidents are analyzed by a product safety manager and a cross functional team to determine a mitigation plan. We monitor performance with targets defined for disclosure commensurate with the results of the incident analysis.
Our Chief Product Safety & Security Officer, who oversees the Office of Product Safety & Security, is ultimately responsible for the program. In the last fiscal year, we released seven public product safety advisories; corrective actions have been put into action for all inquiries.