To reduce the number of systems it needed to maintain, the customer preferred a single system (and a single system supplier) that worked with their control system, HMI and the machine monitoring system (MMS), and offered continuous and reliable support. Since continuous operation is required, this customer could not shut down the system for a switchover. The company requires seamless integration of this system, including the MMS, with existing systems.
Given the scope and complexity of the requirements, the customer wanted a supplier with proven skills, experience and support and selected Rockwell Automation for the company’s extensive experience in automation and global support. With a local office and authorized distributor just five kilometers from the site, Rockwell Automation had the required expertise to manage the requirements of the project, from initial design through engineering, integration and implementation.
Effective solutions for the terminal included seamless integration on a single EtherNet/IP network with the flexibility to configure parameters using the existing graphic user interface. Separate training was not required so the new systems were easily accepted by the operations team.
Rockwell Automation Global Solutions implemented a vibration monitoring solution that:
- Interfaces with existing systems to monitor vibration data of the pumps, and alert operators of any abnormal situations.
- Allows operators/engineers to easily set parameters and provides trending, alarming, and exception handling.
- Works with existing equipment, including probes and sensors, by ensuring compatibility.
- Offers the plant manager complete and accurate information in real-time.
The solution is built on:
- Dynamix™ 1444 Condition Monitoring System using a common control system, ControlLogix® L72, with a common development environment to provide high performance in an easy-to-use environment. The system’s tight integration between the programming software, controller, and I/O modules reduced development time and cost at commissioning and during normal operation.
- Logix5000™ controllers and Add-on Instructions (AOI) to increase productivity and make troubleshooting easier.