- What sessions will be offered at Rockwell Automation TechED?
The session schedule will be available through the registration system and the Rockwell Automation Events App. The session selection guide will be available for download on the Rockwell Automation TechED website in late April.
- Do I need my laptop for any of the training sessions?
No. Computers and hardware for hands-on lab sessions are provided.
- Who should attend Rockwell Automation TechED?
IT End Users
Distributors Toolkit Partners Rockwell Automation
- Engineering Managers
- Maintenance Managers
- Production Operation Managers
- Manufacturing IT Professionals
- Automation, Control and System Engineers
- Software Product Managers / Software Specialists
- PLC and HMI Specialists
- Automation or Sales Managers
- Inside Specialists
- Decision Makers
- Technical Specialists and Sales
- Domain Experts
- What is the deadline to sign up for Rockwell Automation TechED?
- The event registration system will remain open through the event (June 10-15, 2018). Please note: hotel rooms can fill up fast. If you register to attend close to the event dates, a hotel room may not be available.
- When registration opens in April 2018, you may register to attend, select sessions and/or change your session selection for Rockwell Automation TechED prior to the event via the online registration system.
- During the event, you may register to attend, select sessions and/or change your session selection onsite.
- What information will I need for Rockwell Automation TechED Online Registration?
- Credit card number and billing address information
- Arrival and departure dates
- If I have registered for Rockwell Automation TechED and am unable to attend, can someone else from my company attend in my place?
Yes, if you are unable to attend, another person from your company can attend in your place. Simply cancel your registration and have your replacement attendee register to attend after you have canceled.
- Can I change my session schedule at a later date?
Yes. You may go online and change your sessions in the online registration system or through the Rockwell Automation Events App. Onsite at the event, you may also make your session changes at the session change kiosks.
- What is the cost to register for the Rockwell Automation TechED event?
The Early Bird Price for Rockwell Automation TechED USA is $1399 USD and the Standard Price is $1,699 USD. The Early Bird Price expires at 11:59 p.m. on Wednesday, May 9, 2018. The rate does not change based on how many sessions you sign up for.
- When will my credit card be charged for Rockwell Automation TechED registration?
The registration fee will be billed to your credit card immediately upon registering for the event, and a receipt will be e-mailed to you. Your credit card line item will state "Rockwell Automation TechED."
- How do I make hotel reservations?
Hotel reservations for Rockwell Automation TechED can be made through the online registration system, beginning in April 2018. You must register to attend Rockwell Automation TechED in order to make room reservations at the reduced event rate.
- Can I call the hotel directly to receive the Rockwell Automation TechED rate?
No. Rockwell Automation has negotiated the special Rockwell Automation TechED event rate at Manchester Grand Hyatt and the Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina that will ONLY be available through the Rockwell Automation TechED online registration system.
*Please note: if you book with a travel agent or directly through the hotel, you will not be eligible for the Rockwell Automation TechED rate.
- What is the Rockwell Automation TechED hotel rate?
Visit the Hotel section on the Rockwell Automation TechED webpage for more information on the event hotels and rates.
- Will my credit card be billed for hotel expenses prior to my arrival?
No. However, the hotel may routinely place an authorization request that acts as a "hold" against a certain amount of the available credit in your account. This hold provides the hotel with a level of assurance that they will be paid for services or products. When you check out, your card is billed for the exact amount of your stay. Contact the hotel directly for any discrepancies in your billing or for additional information.
- What is the deadline for Rockwell Automation TechED hotel registration?
The deadline for hotel reservations is Wednesday, May 16, 2018.
- Can I arrive the weekend before or stay later at the hotel and get the same rate?
Hotel rates for Rockwell Automation TechED are valid three days prior to the event start and three days after the event close (Thursday, June 7, 2018 – Monday, June 18, 2018).
- How can I change, cancel, or add people to my existing hotel reservation?
- You can make changes to your hotel reservation through the Rockwell Automation TechED online registration website. The link to the website can be found on your hotel registration confirmation that was e-mailed after your initial reservation. If you have questions or can’t find your confirmation e-mail, please send a request to RAEvents@ra.rockwell.com.
- All participants of Rockwell Automation TechED 2018 are required to be registered for the event if booking guest accommodations at the event hotel. Any or all participants not adhering to this policy, will be subject to having their guest accommodations cancelled without notice.
- All hotel reservation cancellations must be made at least 72 hours prior to your scheduled arrival date for a full refund. Cancellations requested less than 72 hours in advance will be subject to a one-night room and tax penalty to the credit card on file.
- Contact RAEvents@ra.rockwell.com with the names of both the original and the replacement registrants
- What if I forgot to reserve a hotel room or I had problems registering for a room online?
You can go back into your Rockwell Automation TechED online registration and either register for a hotel room or make changes to your hotel registration.
- Can I use a different credit card when I get to the hotel?
Yes. Any other method of payment that the hotel accepts may be used to cover the nights of your stay or any additional incurred charges at the time of your departure.
- Can I stay at an unlisted hotel?
Although you're welcome to stay at any hotel, we strongly recommend that all attendees stay at either the Manchester Grand Hyatt (the event hotel) or the Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina due to logistics during the event. Please note, parking is not validated for any Rockwell Automation TechED attendees, regardless of what hotel is booked.
Commercial Program Seats
- Who is eligible for commercial program Rockwell Automation TechED seats?
Participating commercial program companies may be eligible to receive half, whole, or multiple seats for the event free of charge. Rockwell Automation TechED 2018 seat eligibility is based on program type, toolkit license, and number of software installs purchased.
Eligible seats are applied on a first-come, first-served basis. The first person from the company to register will automatically be assigned the eligible seat. If there are multiple seats available for use, the second person to register will get the second seat and the third person to register will get the third seat, etc.
Eligible seats are non-refundable, non-transferable, and non-assignable. You may purchase additional seats for this event at the published price through the online registration system.
- How do I use toolkit seats?
Go to www.RockwellAutomationTechED.com to register for the event.
- Click on "Registration" link to access the online registration website
- Enter your BPID number when prompted.
Seats are used on first come, first served basis. If a seat is available, you will not be asked for a credit card. You will be asked for a credit card if one of the following applies:
- No seat is available, or only a partial seat is available
- There was a data transfer issue
- You are bringing a guest to EDfest
If you feel you are being asked to enter your credit card information incorrectly, please contact RAEvents@ra.rockwell.com and provide the following:
- Attendee ID number (found at top of page)
- Your Name, Email, Company Name and BPID
- Note your issue in the e-mail
Miscellaneous Event Questions
- What is included in my Rockwell Automation TechED registration fee?
- Continental breakfast, lunch, and snacks served daily
- Session content and materials
- Rockwell Automation TechED registration packet
- Sunday Welcome Reception
- Wednesday night hospitality (EDfest)
- Your selected sessions
- Are there any hospitality functions during the week?
Yes, the hospitality events this year include:
- Sunday Welcome Reception
- Wednesday night hospitality (EDfest)
- Can I bring guests to the hospitality events?
- Sunday Welcome Reception — yes, your guests may attend free of charge.
- Wednesday night hospitality (EDfest) — yes, there is a $50 charge for guests that are 13 years or older (12 years old and younger are free), payable during online registration or during business hours at the event at the registration desk.