Created in 2013, this coveted award celebrates best-in-class manufacturing companies. These organizations realize the widespread benefits of a holistic approach to safety and make it their core business value by incorporating the three key pillars of a comprehensive safety program:
- A strong safety culture (behavioral)
- A formalized compliance strategy (procedural)
- Capital investments in technologies that help improve worker safety and plant productivity (technical)
The awards also recognize collaboration between engineering and environmental health and safety (EHS) departments that:
- Leverage advanced safety technology and techniques
- Show improved safety performance and improved manufacturing performance (OEE)
These awards are presented to companies that recognize safety as a barometer of manufacturing excellence.
Recipients of the award receive a statuette (pictured above) and public recognition. Both enterprise corporations (gold) and divisions/plants (silver) are eligible. Manufacturers, industrial producers and machine builders are welcome to apply.
Announcing the 2018 Winner
We named one organization as recipient of our sixth annual Manufacturing Safety Excellence Award:
- Corteva Agriscience™, the Agricultural Division of DowDuPont, a leading supplier of seeds and crop-protection products
We are now accepting applications for the 2019 Manufacturing Safety Excellence Award.