Created in 2013, this coveted award celebrates best-in-class manufacturing companies. These organizations realize the widespread benefits of a holistic approach to safety and make it their core business value by incorporating the three key pillars of a comprehensive safety program:
- A strong safety culture (behavioral)
- A formalized compliance strategy (procedural)
- Capital investments in technologies that help improve worker safety and plant productivity (technical)
The awards also recognize collaboration between engineering and environmental health and safety (EHS) departments that:
- Leverage advanced safety technology and techniques
- Show improved safety performance and improved manufacturing performance (OEE)
These awards are presented to companies that recognize safety as a barometer of manufacturing excellence.
Recipients of the award receive a statuette (pictured above) and public recognition. Both enterprise corporations (gold) and divisions/plants (silver) are eligible. Manufacturers, industrial producers and machine builders are welcome to apply.
Announcing the 2017 Winners
- Honda of Canada Manufacturing, a global supplier in the automotive industry
- A.M.P Rose, a global supplier of machines to the chocolate, confectionery, and snacks industries