Rockwell Automation women engineers participating in Introduce a Girl to Engineering with girls from the Boys & Girls Clubs (Don & Sallie Davis Club).
Our philanthropic priorities as a company are shaped by the technology we create and deliver — and by our communities.
To realize our promise of smart, safe and sustainable manufacturing we require a skilled workforce — one that reflects our spirit of diversity and inclusion. Therefore, we primarily partner with organizations focused on improving and increasing the science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) talent pipeline, especially in under-represented populations.
We focus our giving on a targeted number of community partners in order to make a greater impact with our charitable resources.
While our main charitable focus is STEM education, we contribute to the vibrancy and sustainability of our communities in other ways as well.
Education & Workforce Development
- Represents more than 60% of our total giving.
- Preparing the next generation of critical thinkers and problem solvers. We focus on STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) education in order to build a diverse technical talent pipeline.
- Key STEM partners: For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology (FIRST®), Project Lead the Way (PLTW) and ST Math.
- Rockwell Automation is a strategic partner with FIRST. We provide cash, product and other in-kind support; we are a worldwide sponsor of FIRST LEGO League and a regional sponsor for many of the Robotics competitions.
- Represents approximately 25% of our total giving.
- Supporting self-sufficiency programs primarily through United Way or United Way-type community organizations that help with basic needs and job skills.
Arts & Culture
- Represents about 10% of our total giving.
- Enriching people's lives by cultivating creativity and innovation. Support of selected cultural organizations that broaden perspectives and produce a disciplined workforce prepared to solve complex issues.
Civic & Disaster Relief
- Represents about 5% of our total giving.
- Respond to natural disasters affecting communities where our employees, customers and business partners live and work primarily through the Red Cross.