- Railroad accessories company with manual data collection and analysis had limited ability to minimize workload and improve process
- Manufacturing Analytics – FactoryTalk VantagePoint EMI software automatically provides reporting and dashboards based on user’s needs
- Solution helps operations gain insight into process through trending and access to real-time data
- Integrated Control and Information – ControlLogix controllers connect seamlessly with information solutions for collecting and reporting on data from disparate sources
- Improved Workforce Utilization – Avoided thousands of hours per year of manual data collection and reporting
- Continuous Improvement Realized – Increased yield from a low of 86 percent to 89 to 90 percent
- Reduced deviations from customer recipes
- Increased Uptime – Decreased reheat requests from operators in castor area
Railway track accessories company integrates control and manufacturing analytics to achieve process improvements
Arkansas Steel, a major producer of railway tie plates, needed to improve yield and better meet customer’s unique recipes.
Manual data collection and reporting, however, slowed their ability to make process improvements and was prone to human error. By deploying FactoryTalk VantagePoint EMIsoftware from Rockwell Automation, Arkansas Steel automated the aggregation and reporting of data.
The productivity tool grew into a continuous improvement platform thanks to the software’s manufacturing analytics capabilities. The software has helped increase yield by at least 3 percent. Watch the video above to learn more.