Rockwell Automation Global Solutions implemented a batch solution that:
- Monitors and controls 50 LLPD of milk daily.
- Allows operators to create and run different recipes, specify daily production rates and run multiple batches in parallel via the batch production entry system.
- Provides trending, alarming, and exception handling, and real-time monitoring of parameters at the refrigeration plant for energy saving.
- Allows the plant manager to have complete and accurate production information at any given time, and provided different types of reports, including performance, quality and material.
The solution is built on:
- The PlantPAx® distributed control system using a common control engine with a common development environment to provide high performance in an easy-to-use environment. The system’s tight integration between the programming software, controller, and I/O modules reduced development time and cost at commissioning and during normal operation.
- ControlLogix® L7X controllers from various plants integrated on one EtherNet/IP plant-wide network and Add-on Instructions (AOI) to increase productivity and make troubleshooting easier.
- E300™ electronic overload relays for better motor control, protection and predictive diagnostics.