A CENTERLINE® 1500 medium voltage motor control center (MCC) is available in customized control formats for heavy industrial manufacturing and processing environments.
Motor controller options include full-voltage, reversing, reduced-voltage, solid-state reduced-voltage, multi-speed and synchronous control using variable frequency drive (VFD) input and bypass controllers. Plus, these motor controllers include load break switches that provide integrated intelligence and solutions for starting motor applications.
Of all the motors in your manufacturing process, medium voltage motors can have a large impact on your continued success. Developing medium voltage motor control and protection has been a core discipline for Rockwell Automation® for more than 70 years.
CENTERLINE 1500 medium voltage MCCs provide one infrastructure to harness all your industrial power and control needs. Our smart, scalable design lets you customize capabilities to increase productivity and safety. We build medium voltage MCCs to meet your UL 347 and NEMA requirements and offer arc-resistant MCC product designs.
Your applications rely on medium voltage motors for safe, repeatable operation in harsh industrial environments. To improve the protection and performance of your systems, CENTERLINE motor control centers are built to meet tough application demands:
- Available at 2.4…6.9 kV, up to 9000 Hp
- Rated up to 800 A
- Engineered to meet UL 347 standards
- Arc resistance evaluated per IEEE C37.20.7
- Configurable with an Allen-Bradley® VFD
Unlike industrial control systems that configure independent medium voltage VFD and motor controller systems, an integrated CENTERLINE medium voltage motor control center creates a single line-up on a common bus. The result: less cabling, faster installation, smaller footprint and lower total cost of ownership.
Industrial Safety Features
An Integrated Protective Maintenance Grounding device grounds all load-side connections and load cables. This UL-approved innovation increases personnel safety by eliminating the need to use hazardous temporary grounding devices.
The integrated grounding device:
- Quickly and easily grounds all load-side connections, including the load cables, by turning a handle
- Removes the need to attach cumbersome and hazardous utility-style grounding balls and temporary grounding cable assemblies
- Grounds the output (load-side connections) without opening the MCC power cell door
- Seamlessly incorporates in the MCC power cells
CENTERLINE 1500 with ArcShield Technology
- Helps reduce arc flash hazards and provides increased protection against internal electrical arcing faults
- Meets IEEE C37.20.2 standards, providing increased protection against internal electrical arcing faults
- Provides reinforced cabinet and power cell doors, including a power cell door closure mechanism to contain arc flash material at faults up to 40 kA, 0.5 seconds or 50 kA per IEEE C37.20.7
- Features an arc vent on the cabinet roof to exhaust arc flash energy overhead (meeting IEEE C37.20.7, Type 2B Accessibility Compliant requirements)
- Features three isolated compartments: power bus, low voltage and power cell
- Provides reinforced large swing-out low voltage panel sealed to help prevent entry of arc flash material
- Includes isolation switch with visible indication that the power cell is not energized
- Provides horizontal power bus with removable cover plates for accessibility
What is a medium voltage motor control center?
A medium voltage motor control center is an industrial metal enclosure that houses the motor control and electrical devices for motors that run a factory’s machinery. Inside are variable frequency drive (VFD), motor starters, soft starters, safety controls, power and performance-gathering equipment. MCCs can be centrally located, removing factory controls from potentially hot, wet, dusty or congested manufacturing environments.
CENTERLINE 1500 medium voltage motor control centers meet UL 347 and NEMA safety standards and are designed with materials and features to improve performance and protection in harsh industrial control system environments.
Improve Visibility to Your Operating System Using CENTERLINE 1500 with IntelliCENTER Technology
The technology captures information for predictive maintenance, process monitoring and advanced diagnostics to see the condition of your motors, control devices and application performance. Plus, IntelliCENTER technology uses secure EtherNet/IP network protocol which provides remote access to device data and integration between the plant floor and corporate operations and:
- Provides remote access to data to minimize the need to approach the MCC
- Uses EtherNet/IP networks to provide enhanced integration between the plant floor and corporate operations
IEEE C37.20.7, Type 2B
European Directives for Safety and EMC