What is this for?
The Multibelt system is a storage/transport system and consists of two or more independently driven belts. Each belt contains two or more trains (collators) that are built to carry a tray or built for a variable number of pockets. Trains vary in mechanical design. In the case of using a tray, the tray is placed inside the train in the loading position by any loading module. Products are fed from an infeed conveyor to the train at the filling position. If the feed train is full, it moves to the unloading position. If this is done, the train moves in positive rotation (recovery motion) behind the next train. This sequence guarantees a continuous flow of product in the filling area, while the other trains can be loaded with a tray and unloaded passing through the unloading position. The Multibelt equipment module can be configured with a large number of parameters, which are described in other chapters. A standardized interface for the load, supply and output module allows flexible adaptation.
The Multibelt System module concludes the following features:
• Multibelt storage sequence procedure for 2 axes (production mode)
• Automatic homing / reference move procedure
• Automatic synchronize move procedure
• Variable speed override adaption while production
• Jog function for each axis separately (service mode)
• Handling of multiple trains per belt
• Interface data handling to any other loading, infeed and outfeed module device
• Wide range of parameters to configure the module
The Mutibelt system has the advantage of being flexible and with the possibility of adaptation according to the application needs - number of collators (train).
From a software point of view, the system is relatively easy to implement using specific AddOn and Data DataTypes: Multibelt_AOI and Q_MAM_P (developed for this application, in order to reduce configuration, commissioning and startup time.
• Speed – Depends on the Drag Mechanism
• Number of mechanical elements - gears, belts
• Fixed space between cleats, if need change, mechanical change neededc
Is this useful for me?
In general, multibelt systems can be recommended to OEM manufacturers such as:
- Conveyor belt manufacturers
- Special machine manufacturers
- Palletizers manufacturers
- Packing machines manufacturers
Food, Manufacturing, Beverage
Benefits of applications with multibelt systems:
• Production gain and speed
• Increased dynamism in production
• 60% reduction in commissioning and startup time
• Easy of integration with devices: Robot, transfer devices
How can I make it work?
Requirements: Products, Tools, Previous Knowledge.
- Kinetix 5300, Kinetix 5500, Kinetix 5700 with CIP Motion and CIP Sync
- PowerFlex 755 with Position control/ CIP Motion
- CompactLogix L18ERM or high
- Firmware revision 30 or high
- Logix Design Studio 5000
- Program Multibelt_2Collators.ACD
- AddOn instructions: Multibelt_AOI, Q_MAP_P
Intermediate knowledge of programming and configuration in Logix Design Studio 5000 software:
- Ladder language (LD)
- Motion configuration.