Bulletin 842E EtherNet/IP™ Absolute Encoders provide dual-port Ethernet and M12 connectors, providing customers with easy, cost-saving installations. Each encoder also includes an embedded Ethernet/IP switch to connect additional EtherNet/IP-capable products in series or to support a Device Level Ring for Ethernet media redundancy. These encoders are designed for high performance and reliability in harsh industrial environments.
- Offers single-turn 18-bit resolution and multi-turn 30-bit resolution
- Includes hardware/software IP address setting
- Offers protection class up to IP67
- Includes endless shaft functionality
- Provides flash upgrade capability
- CE marked
Certifications apply when product is marked. See our Product Certification site for Declarations of Conformity, certificates and other certification details.
Configuration & Selection Tools
- CrossWorks — Convert competitive catalog numbers to similar Allen-Bradley® products.
- ProposalWorks — Build complete quotes and proposals.
- 842E EtherNet/IP Absolute Encoders — This video shows you how to configure the 842E EtherNet/IP Absolute Encoders using Studio 5000 software.
- Knowledgebase — Visit our online resource for technical information, support chat and forums, software updates, and product safety advisories/notices.