If you’re an industrial automation, controls or process professional, come to Chicago on November 20-21 for the 2019 Automation Fair® event held at McCormick Place West. You can check out inspiring presentations on the newest technology, critical industry topics, and best practices, all designed to help industrial automation professionals improve their skillsets and operations.
The 2019 Automation Fair® event, hosted by Rockwell Automation over two days, offers unique knowledge and skill-building opportunities. With more than 150 exhibits and 400 hours of education options, the event lets you experience innovative technologies and trends and accelerate your expertise and skillset.
The event’s activities also will help you transform your business with The Connected Enterprise®, which can help you achieve faster time to market, asset optimization, lower total cost of ownership and enhanced visibility. However, that transition brings the need for higher security, more IT/OT collaboration and continuous education on evolving technology. This event is a great way to learn how to successfully implement The Connected Enterprise® into your operations.
You’ll also see the latest control system network infrastructure based on standard, unmodified EtherNet/IP™, safety, power and information technologies that support The Connected Enterprise®.
In more than 95 technical sessions, 20 hands-on labs and 9 forums — all offered for free — Rockwell Automation specialists, partners, customers and other industry professionals will share what they’ve learned and offer best practices for improved collaboration and decision-making across enterprises and supply chains.
Technology at Partner Exhibits
Numerous demonstrations and reviews of the latest automation technology will be on display at the event’s exposition from Rockwell Automation, held in conjunction with more than 100 companies in its PartnerNetwork™ program. Learn how they’re integrating technologies, including the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) and industrial mobility, with automation control, power and information software and solutions.
With more than 110 exhibits from Rockwell Automation and its Encompass™ Product Partners, OEM Partners, Solution Partners and Strategic Alliance Partners, the Automation Fair® event offers the best chance to connect the imaginations of people with the potential of machines to help solve problems and improve operations.
Visit the Exhibit Hall to talk with suppliers, see product demonstrations, and learn how exhibitors and their solutions can help you. View the Exhibitor Directory to see who will be in attendance, or visit www.automationfair.com to get the most up-to-date-list of exhibitors.
The Automation Fair® event offers 20 hands-on labs, more than 95 technical sessions and 9 forums that give you opportunities to learn best practices. After you register for the event, you can sign up for forums, hands-on labs and technical sessions in advance to help plan your day before you get onsite. (Registration for sessions is required.)
The popular hands-on labs, offered up to four times a day, allow you to work directly with Rockwell Automation products. Technical sessions are 60-minute presentations from leading industry and product specialists.
The forums provide examples of how companies have increased their productivity and improved efficiency. Representatives from those companies will share their automation experiences and applications in the following forums:
- Automotive and Tire
- Food and Beverage
- Life Sciences
- Material Handling
- Metals and Mining
- Oil and Gas
In addition, the hands-on labs and technical sessions include several tracks that cover a more in-depth look at these technologies:
- Control. Learn how the Rockwell Automation Integrated Architecture® system provides a single control platform to streamline the time to design, develop and deliver equipment. This track will review new technology and tools available for machine builders and end users.
- Digital Engineering. Digital engineering allows designers to explore and develop innovative solutions in a virtual environment. This helps accelerate time to market, decrease commissioning costs, and mitigate risk. Sessions will cover examples of how digital engineering can be applied to automation projects.
- Information & Analytics. Learn about the latest information solutions available in a digital transformation strategy that help to maximize people, processes and technology to continuously improve operational performance and flexibility through digital manufacturing, real-time intelligence and predictive analytics. See how innovative technologies like augmented reality, artificial intelligence and digital twins are being used to improve manufacturing operations, workforce enablement and productivity.
- Network Infrastructure. EtherNet/IP™ supports seamless plant-wide information sharing and convergence of industrial and nonindustrial network traffic, while maintaining real-time communication for control applications. Get an overview of the EtherNet/IP network and how best to design and deploy them. These sessions focus on practical recommendations for installing, commissioning, and improving the security of the networks within automation systems.
- Power, Motion and Motor Control. Learn how AC and servo drives, along with intelligent devices for motor control, feedback and protection, leverage your automation investment to reduce start-up time, save energy and optimize production. Topics include motor control technologies, installation considerations and power-conditioning techniques.
- Process. Learn about the range of integrated process solutions, tools and technologies available to help increase production performance, drive plant-wide optimization and ease development and integration. Topics will cover legacy DCS migrations, process safety, asset management, production intelligence and other process solutions available for consumer and resource industries, as well as process equipment builders and system integrators.
- Safety and Security. Learn about managing safety and security risks to your organization’s information, intellectual property, productivity, workers and more. This track provides comprehensive, functional approaches to machine, process and arc-flash safety applications. Learn how to develop control systems that safeguard against security threats and protect intellectual property. These sessions focus on practical recommendations for installing, commissioning and improving the security of the networks within automation systems.
- Services and Solutions. Sessions in this track will focus on helping you maximize production throughout your automation life cycle — from design and installation through operation and migration. Learn how we identify, mitigate and then reduce the risks associated with aging equipment and the importance of modernizing and optimizing your production using hardware and software migration tools.
- Systems. This track demonstrates system-level capabilities found throughout the Rockwell Automation Integrated Architecture system portfolio to produce a smarter, more productive and more secure automation system.
- Visualization and Collaboration. Information is only useful if workers can access, understand and act on it. A modern HMI connects workers to the information they need. Learn about Rockwell Automation HMI solutions that help you meet production targets, reduce waste and energy usage, improve processes, quickly resolve problems and more.
Connect with Rockwell Automation
Rockwell Automation provides several opportunities to connect with its engineers.
The Connected Enterprise® Industries Pavilion at booth #428 will showcase new automation technology developments and provide insight as to how Rockwell Automation information solutions, process automation strategies, and services can help you introduce the IIoT into your operation.
In addition, at the myRockwellAutomation booth #869, provide your feedback on the desktop, web and mobile tools you use to do your job. myRockwellAutomation.com is a new integrated digital experience. Interact firsthand with the website to personalize it to meet your needs and learn about the applications offered in the Rockwell Automation subscription portal.
Try free software and mobile apps that help you configure and select Rockwell Automation and Encompass Product Partner technology. Build and validate your systems, estimate your projects, and accelerate the mechanical and electrical design and set up your system.
Attendance is Free
The Automation Fair® event is free, including lunch and refreshments. Registered attendees can help plan for the event using the Events ROK mobile app that will be available in early September via the iOS and Android stores. Register now, or contact your local Rockwell Automation representative for more information.
The Journal From Rockwell Automation and Our PartnerNetwork™ is published by Putman Media, Inc.