Our SMC™ Flex Soft Starters are available with a current range from 5...1250 A. They feature integral bypass and flexible communications with advanced performance, diagnostics, and protection.
- Provides 5…1250 A range
- Uses rated voltage: 200…690V AC, 50/60 Hz
- Includes nine start and stop modes
- Includes three slow-speed modes
- Offers pump control and braking control options
- Provides built-in electronic motor overload protection
- Provides built-in silicon-controlled rectifier (SCR) bypass/run contactor
- Provides built-in multi-lingual, backlit LCD display for programming and monitoring
- Offers optional communication modules support multiple networks
- Programming via Connected Components Workbench™ software
- Users who would like to take advantage of the additional functionality of SMC-50 soft starters, now have access to an internal bypass on that product line. Also, kits are now available to upgrade certain sizes of SMC-Flex controller to SMC-50 functionality. For information on selecting the appropriate SMC-50 to meet your current SMC-Flex application see the SMC Flex to SMC-50 With Internal Bypass Migration Solutions Profile
- This product is designed for many applications that include compressors, chillers, pumps, conveyors, and crushers
Do you need a soft starter or an AC drive? What does your application require? When choosing between a soft starter and an AC drive what do you need to consider? Read the following blogs to learn more:
Tools & Resources
- SMC Estimation Wizard — Obtain a more advanced analysis of both the device and the system.
- SMC Thermal Wizard — Conduct simple thermal analysis and selection of an SMC product for a given application.
- cULus Listed (Open Type) (File No. E96956, Guides NMFT, NMFT7)
- CSA Certified (File No. LR 1234)
- CE Marked
- CCC Certified
- Suitable for use with IE3 Motors (IEC 60034-30)
Certifications apply when product is marked. See our Product Certification site for Declarations of Conformity, certificates and other certification details.