Delivering the performance and scalability you need to compete in today’s marketplace, our Kinetix® 5500 Servo Drives help you achieve the most from your motion processes. With their innovative, compact design and EtherNet/IP communication, Kinetix 5500 Servo Drives help minimize machine footprint and simplify machine design, operation and maintenance. These versatile servo drives can help you deliver optimized operation in a wide range of single-axis or multi-axis applications from basic position moves to high-speed and coordinated motion solutions.
Now you can realize a simple way to optimize your motion applications. The Kinetix 5500 Servo Drives provide servo control for single-axis solutions and can be configured for multi-axis use with its innovative shared AC/DC bus connection. And dual Ethernet ports support multiple topologies so that you have the freedom to design using line or Device Level Ring (DLR) architectures.
Kinetix 5500 Servo Drives can be paired with Kinetix VP Servo Motors to enhance your manufacturing performance and reduce installation and commissioning time by using one cable for power, feedback and the motor brake. Combined as a system, they can provide a cost-effective motion solution that delivers the speed and precision necessary to meet demanding production requirements.
With the integrated safety drive option, the safety signal travels through the EtherNet/IP network cable instead of being hard wired from drive to controller. This means you can change the configuration for any of the drives on the network without having to change wiring. It can all be done using Studio 5000 Logix Designer® software and your Logix controller.
- Single-cable solution that includes feedback, motor brake and motor power, all-in-one cable that’s equipped with a quick, one-turn connector
- Capability to run servo and induction motors in one drive platform
- Flexible power connectivity provides multiple ways to operate the system
- Each drive catalog number supports 200V and 400V class applications
- Allows for auxiliary feedback support using Integrated Motion on EtherNet/IP Encoders
Kinetix 5500 Integrated Safety Servo Drives
- Perform SIL 3 PLe Safe Torque Off safety functions over an EtherNet/IP connection
- Complete project integration in Studio 5000 Logix Designer for control, safety and motion
- Decrease safety wiring and reduce the number of safety components required
- Validate your safety system through code reuse
Tools & Resources
- CE Marked
- cULus Listed
- TÜV Rheinland Functional Safety
- UKCA Marked
Certifications apply when product is marked. See our Product Certification site for Declarations of Conformity, certificates and other certification details.