Rockwell Automation, Inc. (NYSE: ROK), the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation and digital transformation, will showcase its cutting-edge technology and solutions at SPS 2022, taking place from 8 – 10 November in Nuremberg, Germany.
At the event, Rockwell will present a step-by-step digital transformation roadmap that comes together through what the company envisions as the Connected Enterprise. This helps end-users and original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), and system integrators identify opportunities and achieve business goals by harnessing the combined power of intelligent devices and software across their value chain, which provide smarter, sustainable, and safer connected solutions.
“OEMs in particular are going to see a variety of exciting technologies at our stand,” said Dirk Den Haese, director, intelligent devices, EMEA, Rockwell Automation. “Hardware plays a crucial role in reaching the level of agility that smart factories require, and facilitating the lean, compact plant layout made efficient through design. At SPS, we are going to show our full portfolio of intelligent devices, which are the foundation for smart systems – and smarter machines.”
The latest hardware offerings available from Rockwell will include:
- Allen-Bradley PowerFlex® 755TS variable frequency drive, featuring patented TotalFORCE® technology: Flexible high-performance motor control, real-time operational intelligence, eased application commissioning, rich diagnostics and predictive analytics deliver smart operation, greater production output, increased uptime, and energy savings for your machines and production lines.
- New ArmorKinetix™ distributed servo drive: The high-performance of the Kinetix® 5700 platform in a compact, On-Machine™ form factor, to help create machines that are more efficient, flexible, and cost-effective.
- Armor™ PowerFlex® On-Machine™ drives: Helping customers with a near motor, pre-engineered design. Replaces multiple components with one motor-control solution, including I/O and safety, over a single EtherNet/IP™ network connection. Designed for harsh environments, this drive can help you simplify machine designs and reduce floor space while minimizing installation, wiring costs, and time to deploy.
- New FLEX 5000™ analog safety I/O modules: Designed for fail-safe applications with minimal downtime. Offering integrated safety with systematic capability up to SC 3 (SIL 2 and SIL 3).
- FLEXHA 5000™ I/O: A new fault-tolerant I/O platform delivering a high level of reliability and performance for critical process applications.
Rockwell Automation’s path to the Connected Enterprise offers manufacturers new insights through better data access that can help reduce bottlenecks, implement demand-based decisions, and improve maintenance. This approach helps manufacturers and industrial operators capitalize on the promise of an ever-more connected world – in the form of a more agile response to changing conditions: faster time to market, a lower total cost of ownership, improved asset utilization, enterprise risk management, and workforce efficiency.
Sachin Mathur, director software & control, EMEA at Rockwell Automation, says: "Digital innovation is driven by our customers and enabled via technology. We continually listen to our customers, assess the market and industry trends, and then apply technological innovations to get to the desired outcomes. With our comprehensive portfolio and capabilities, visitors to our stand will see how they can tackle every digital transformation use case on a single platform with seamless enterprise scalability.”
SPS 2022 visitors to Rockwell's Stand 205 in Hall 9 will learn how to effectively design, operate, maintain, and protect their business to establish end-to-end visibility across their plant operations, generating insights that enable better and faster decision-making.
Rockwell’s innovative software offerings will showcase capabilities required across the production system – Design, Engineering, Production, Operations and Maintenance. Highlights include:
- FactoryTalk® Design Hub™: An on-demand cloud-based platform that provides the tools you need to design, test and commission automation systems.
- FactoryTalk® Design Studio™: Cloud-native industrial automation design Software-as-a-Service. Available anytime, anywhere, improving system design efficiency through modern programming and a collaborative environment.
- FactoryTalk® Edge™: Using software-as-a-service to support edge-deployed applications.
- FactoryTalk® Optix™: A new visualization platform that accelerates value delivery with modern technologies, innovative designs and scalable deployment options with remote management functionality.
- Plex® cloud-native smart manufacturing platform: Available on Microsoft Azure in EMEA.
All these products focus on industry-relevant solutions that help improve industrial productivity and leverage the power and scale provided by Azure to enable faster time-to-value.
Demonstrations of Rockwell’s Fiix computerized maintenance management system (CMMS), which helps industrial firms manage maintenance programs and reduce downtime, will also be available. In addition, the company will highlight its Emulate3D™ dynamic digital twin software.
Rockwell will also showcase cybersecurity solutions that help protect the integrity and availability of smart manufacturing solutions. These offerings include security assessments, continuous monitoring of assets that improve visibility, threat detection, and planning for response and recovery.
The company will also share the advantages of being a member of its global OEM Partner Program, which is designed to align customers and partners, and foster increased innovation and opportunities to grow their business through Rockwell’s technology and domain expertise.
Those who experience Rockwell's cutting-edge technology and solutions first-hand in Hall 9 – Stand 205 at SPS 2022 will discover how the company's technology and solutions can help them to reach their outcomes, fulfill their purpose and improve customers’ vision of the future. Find out more here.