The Embedded Switch Technology embeds Ethernet switch features into your hardware to support high performance applications. Our dual-port products with the embedded switch feature let you connect devices directly to your network, without a separate Ethernet switch, helping to reduce overall cost and simplifying system configuration. These products support linear and device-level ring (DLR) topologies for EtherNet/IP™ applications.
- Includes embedded Ethernet switch technology in selected components—such as taps and communication interface modules—that communicate over an EtherNet/IP™ network
- Enables greater topology configuration choices for EtherNet/IP applications, such as linear and device-level ring (DLR)
- Makes it possible to connect to a linear or ring topology without additional hardware
- Allows for a high-performance ring capability (make/break < 3 ms), complete with diagnostics and fast recovery to lower downtime
- Supports IEEE 1588 precision time protocol (PTP) for precise time synchronization and Quality of Service (QoS) to help prioritize data transmission
- Includes open standard technology which is available to 3rd party vendors and allows EtherNet/IP interoperability
Certifications apply when product is marked. See our Product Certification site for Declarations of Conformity, certificates and other certification details.