Enhance Functional and Personnel Safety with PowerFlex MV Drives
Our approach to safety improves the operation of your equipment and helps increase safety and productivity. PowerFlex 7000 medium voltage drives offer two options to enhance safety: Safe Torque Off control and ArcShield™ arc-resistant enclosures.
Safe Torque Off removes power from the motor without removing power to the VFD, enabling a faster system restart after a safe state is reached.
- Ideal for industrial applications, such as material-handling conveyors and grinding mills
- Designed in the drive control, without requiring additional electromechanical components
- Achieves requirements for SIL 3, PLe, CAT 3 per IEC 61508 and ISO 13849-1
- TÜV Certified
ArcShield technology helps reduce arc flash hazards, personnel and equipment safety risks, and downtime. The PowerFlex 7000 is a 50 kA-rated arc-resistant medium voltage VFD with full power regeneration capabilities. Plus, it's certified to meet global arc flash resistance standards with Type 2B protection.
- Meets heavy industry needs and configurations, 2.4…4.16 kV, rated up to 430 A for synchronous or induction motors
- Designed to redirect arc flash energy out the top of the enclosure, away from personnel
- Type 2B protection helps improve personnel protection in front, at side or behind enclosure. Type 2B protection is maintained when the low voltage control door is open for maintenance
- Patented ventilation technology helps prevent arc flash energy from escaping through air intake and exhaust vents
- Four-quadrant operation delivers efficient energy management
Arc flash resistant standards compliance:
- IEEE C37.20.7
- CSA C22.2 No. 22-11
- EEMAC G14-1
- IEC 62271-200
- IEC 62477-2