Who Should Attend
This class is required for system integrators only who will conduct PowerFlex 400 / 525 / 70 / 700VC / 753 drive startups for Water/Wastewater applications and wish to become a Registered Startup Provider.
What does a startup include?
Startup is a verification and quality check of the drive installation and start up ensuring proper electrical, mechanical and environmental criteria is met. A qualified startup is limited to only those individuals who have taken the course and passed the written exam. A qualified startup extends the standard Rockwell Automation product warranty from 12 months after startup (or 18 months from the date of manufacture) to 24 months from startup (not to exceed 30 months from date of manufacture).
What will the technician provide?
The startup technician will perform start up on PowerFlex 400 / 525 / 70 / 700VC / 753 drives and provide warranty service when authorized by Rockwell Automation Technical Support. Warranty service is limited to drive replacement. Reimbursement for drive replacement will be limited.
The drive start up technician will perform and document the following to qualify for the extended warranty:
- Drive and motor nameplate information
- Verify proper drive installation
- Physical inspection of the equipment, including checking all electrical connections for tightness
- Verify proper mounting and grounding
- Verify proper distribution network and power being applied to the drive
- Verify installation checklist or electrical checks
- Verify drive set-up, tuning, programming and operation
- Provide application description
To successfully complete this course, the following prerequisites are required:
- Working knowledge of electricity, and knowledge of electrical and industrial safety (including PPE requirements and safe practices)
- Previous experience working with AC drive technology
All technology is provided for student use in the classroom by Rockwell Automation. It is not necessary for students to bring any technology with them when attending this course.