The Atlas™ 5 Guard Locking Switch is a positive-mode, tongue-operated interlock switch. It locks a machine guard closed until power is isolated then keeps the power isolated while the guard is open. With two safety (N.C.) contacts and two auxiliary (N.O.) contacts, the Atlas 5 switch is ideal for PLC-controlled machines.
- Mechanical lock
- High locking force of 5000 N (1124 lb)
- Heavy duty die-cast alloy housing
- Patented self-aligning head
Protect your people, productivity, and environment with our Safety Components and integrated Safety Solutions. We understand your factory floor challenges and can help you meet your goals with one of the broadest safety portfolios in the industry.
- CE Marked for all applicable directives
- Cat. 1 Device per EN954-1 Dual channel interlocks suitable for Cat. 3 or 4 systems
Functional Safety Data (related to Safety Contacts)
- B10d: > 2 x 106 operations at min. load
- PFHD: < 3 x10-7
- MTTFd: > 385 years
- May be suitable for use in performance levels Ple or Pld systems (according to ISO 13849-1:2006) and for use in SIL2 or SIL3 systems (according to IEC 62061) depending on the architecture and application characteristics
- EN 954-1
- ISO 13849-1
- IEC/EN 60204-1
- NFPA 79
- EN 1088
- ISO 14119
- IEC/EN 60947-5-1
- ANSI B11.19
- AS 4024.1
Certifications apply when product is marked. See our Product Certification site for Declarations of Conformity, certificates and other certification details.