Take control of your plant floor with full visibility into your production lifecycle and full connectivity to your manufacturing Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP).
Say goodbye to paper and manual spreadsheets and hello to maximum efficiency, productivity and visibility! Plex Manufacturing Execution System (MES) is the only single-instance, multi-tenant cloud-based SaaS production platform that operates at scale. This allows for a common production ecosystem that supports a real-time, single source of data. It can tie production and inventory to quality with end-to-end, detailed traceability. With Plex, you can connect people and systems, automate processes, track data from end to end, and capture and analyze information like never before.
Key Capabilities: Take Control of Your Shop Floor
Plex MES is a comprehensive manufacturing software solution that provides real-time, paperless production management to drive enterprise-wide compliance, quality, and efficiency.
With Plex MES, you’ll gain control of your plant floor with a comprehensive view of your entire production lifecycle and full connectivity to your ERP. You’ll easily automate tasks, help prevent errors, drive in-line quality, and synch up the top floor with the plant floor. The result? Less risk, higher quality, happier customers and a healthier bottom line.
Plex MES offers the flexibility and functionality required to enable smart manufacturing. Key capabilities include:
- Production finite scheduling to determine which jobs to schedule to which work centers, with resource availability in mind
- Close-loop quality management to maintain quality procedures directly from the control plan for increased process repeatability and predictability
- Inventory management to track and manage your inventory in real time, and stay in control with end-to-end traceability
- Production management to make the right quantity of the right product at the right time for improved overall equipment effectiveness (OEE)
Plex MES Delivers Real Value
Scrap rate reduction
Of on-time delivery achieved
What Problems Does Plex MES Solve?
Today’s manufacturers need to increase resilience in their operations—no one can afford to be mediocre at anything they’re doing in manufacturing. If manual processes and disconnected systems are causing your organization to experience any of the challenges below, your operation will benefit from the Plex MES.
- High levels of scrap and rework
- Excessive inventory carrying costs
- Traceability issues
- Limited visibility into work-in-progress
- Missed production schedules
- Poor production throughput
- Extreme errors
- Operating with old data
- Slow reaction times
With Plex MES, the paper chase ends. Control, transparency, and synchronization become your “modus operandi”. New levels of performance are achieved and doing more without adding more becomes the norm.
How Can a Cloud Solution Transform Your Operations?
Drive better visibility
Gather real-time and accurate material and traceability data to make sure that your production is always running smoothly.
Streamline operations to reduce the time it takes to make each product, decrease downtime, and minimize waste.
Choreograph production processes directly from the control plan to shorten cycle times and improve efficiency. Eliminate manual process errors with paperless operator control.
Technology and automation are driving the next generation of manufacturing. Leading organizations are harnessing the cloud to transform the way they work – and you can too by:
- Accelerating innovation with access to new insights and the ability to collaborate with ease and try new things quicker and at a lower cost
- Increasing agility by being able to deploy quickly and pivot with ease to meet fluctuating demands
- Scaling on-demand by easily adding or removing compute power and users to reduce time to value
With Software as a Service (SaaS), the benefits of the cloud have never been more accessible. Explore what's possible with the cloud in manufacturing and start planning your journey today!
Why Cloud MES?
While the cloud in manufacturing is not meant to completely replace on-prem software, hardware, and physical access, it provides new capabilities that expand upon your existing systems to create efficiencies, improve collaboration, and more.
With an MES solution native to the cloud, customers can more closely coordinate activity and bring the entire enterprise under a single system of record while still retaining each of their location’s unique system needs. This allows for the ability to keep plant-specific production, inventory and quality information readily accessible by other plants and enterprise personnel as needed.
- Great alternative or compliment to customized MES
- Robust MES/MOM, with extensions to ERP, Supply Chain, and APM
- Modern, multi-tenant, versionless software at scale
- Quick to configure and deploy, updated by operators or machines
- Focus on analysts and business outcomes over programming
- Software and service price competitive
The Total Economic Impact™ Of Plex Smart Manufacturing Platform
How did a food manufacturing company achieve an ROI of 412% with the help of the Plex Smart Manufacturing Platform? With its cloud-based Smart Manufacturing Platform, Plex transforms manufacturers’ understanding of their production processes and how to improve them.
Plex, by Rockwell Automation, Recognized by Gartner as a Leader in MES
The 2022 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for MES Report recognizes Rockwell Automation as a visionary for its FactoryTalk® ProductionCentre and Plex as a leader for its Smart Manufacturing Platform.
Get an overview of the vendor landscape and the dynamic MES marketplace from an independent source.
Gartner, Magic Quadrant for Manufacturing Execution Systems, By Rick Franzosa, Christian Hestermann, 31 May 2022
Plex was acquired by Rockwell Automation and is recognized in this report as Rockwell Automation.
Gartner and Magic Quadrant are registered trademarks of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally and are used herein with permission. All rights reserved.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s Research & Advisory organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.