Some other solutions that were installed include:
- FactoryTalk® Historian to collect critical time-series data for various calculations, estimations, and statistical processes producing information
- PanelView™ Plus 7 Panel-mounted operator interface
- PowerFlex® 753 & PowerFlex® 525 Variable Speed Drive
- Stratix® 5700 Industrial Managed Ethernet Switch. Managed Network Switch using Cisco® leading technology in network
- EtherNet/IP™ networks to provide seamless plant-wide communications with Device Level Ring (DLR) for I/O
- Third-party communication interfaces
Efficient systems that produce desirable results
The entire system architecture was implemented in under eight months and the project was delivered on time and within the company’s budget.
With these solutions in place, operator control is easier and requires less time to use the DCS library. As a result of eliminating redundant systems to enable a consistent and dependable production structure, the company also enjoyed improved reliability at the plant. Plant employees could easily learn to operate this production system.
As desired, precise daily operation and trend reports were created and sent to management via email and employees had access to real-time web reporting. On top of providing an extended range of data and diagnostics, the Rockwell Automation real-time Web Reporting System also gave the company access to real-time, historic, and predictive data that meant issues with the production line could be identified before they occurred. This allowed necessary steps to be taken to prevent a slowdown in operations, saving them manpower time and production costs, with the data also being used for business forecasting.