Let’s consider the first option and what it entails.
- First, you will need to talk with multiple vendors (possibly over many meetings) to assess their capabilities and find one that matches your needs.
- Then you need to design the solution, map the requirements, agree on the system architecture, and so on.
All this takes time and don’t forget you will also need to allocate time to develop and implement the solution.
- Then you will need to produce a plan on how to deploy across your different facilities and maybe even continents.
- Was the need to have it available in local languages a requirement at the start?
- Or maybe you missed one of a dozen other requirements that only manifest themselves after the solution is delivered into the hands of the users who will use it?
There is another way, the second option.
You might look for a product that is designed specifically for asset performance monitoring. In other words, a fit for purpose solution. This allows you to:
- Skip the design stage
- Reduce the development stage as it is more a case of configuration, and there are proven methods to deploy across multiple installations.
- And when you identify the next use case on your digital transformation journey, and I feel confident saying that that is an inevitability, then you will be repeating the full process again to find the best solution.
Don’t get me wrong, both the above options have their advantages but maybe you should consider a third option:
One where you can combine the advantages of the other two.
One where you can get a ready-made asset performance monitoring solution meaning you can get results fast and one that allows you to add additional use cases when you are ready to take the next step in your journey.
If this sounds interesting, then check out our Out-of-the-Box IIoT Applications for Rapid Results webinar.
Sure, good things may well come to those who wait but hey, you do not always have to!