Customer feedback have always helped FactoryTalk® View Site Edition (SE) become a better HMI solution. And we’re listening. With the latest software version, your feedback has contributed to significant changes being put into action.
Version 13 has strengthened the platform features of FactoryTalk View SE through new features that help maintain platform sustainability, enhance existing system components, and introduce commercial changes. These updates make it easier than ever before for customers to choose FactoryTalk View SE as your HMI solution.
13 new features and benefits within FactoryTalk View SE
Explore 13 ways that we have improved FactoryTalk View SE with the latest version enhancements.
1. Lower Total Cost Ownership – Growing pains are a thing of the past. The FactoryTalk View SE distributed system supports is now fixed and is based on the number of servers. There are no added support costs when you expand the number of clients.
2. Unlimited Displays – In the latest version, all servers now include unlimited displays. This makes it easier to choose the right server and leaves plenty of room to adopt faceplates from the Rockwell Automation process object library.
3. System Longevity – System longevity continues to be a key differentiator to our customers. The web browser object now leverages Microsoft Edge technology and we have expanded OS support to include the latest Windows operating systems.
4. Unlimited Web and Mobile Clients – Do you want Web browser/mobile device connectivity to your HMI? Now it’s become easier (and free!) because we’ve made FactoryTalk® ViewPoint a standard feature for all FactoryTalk View SE server and station products.
5. Established Performance – As the HMI of PlantPAx® modern DCS, FactoryTalk View SE V13 performance and deployments are characterized as part of the PlantPAx system release 5.10.
6. Migration with Ease – As we say farewell to RSView®32, we continue to enhance your migration to FactoryTalk® View. It is now easier to migrate and reuse RSView32 VBA scripts.
7. Custom Client Behavior without Scripting – Customers can now driver operator-specific display functionality with tag values specific to each client in a distributed system.
8. More Ways to Analyze Historical Data – In the latest version, you can visualize both FactoryTalk View SE data log models and information from an MS SQL database in a new Data Grid object. A new XY-plot control lets you plot two sets of production data, one as a function of the other.
9. .NET Support for More Versatile and Attractive Displays – Leverage usable .NET custom objects or include third-party .NET control libraries in your FactoryTalk View SE application.
10. Additional Pre-configured Content – A new FactoryTalk® Services Platform webpage displays an overview of all FactoryTalk application servers and their status. Customers will know whether their HMI or data servers are running and which server in a redundant pair is active.
11. Automatic Diagnostics – FactoryTalk ViewPoint now has access to Automatic Diagnostics. This new functionality in V13 lets customers drive animation based on Automatic Diagnostics information.
12. Support for Open Technologies – Easily integrate alarms from third-party OPC UA devices into your HMI via FactoryTalk® Alarms and Events and a new OPC UA Alarms and Conditions connector.
13. Built-in Peace of Mind – Customers can be assured that HMI memory tag values are synchronized between the active and standby server in a redundant pair.
Learn more about FactoryTalk View SE enhancements
As the FactoryTalk View SE continues to make strides of improvement, learn more about the latest version by visiting our website. To learn specifics on new product feature functionality, explore the FactoryTalk View SE YouTube video library.
Contact your local Rockwell Automation distributor for a quote today.