We’re experiencing the largest wave of industrial disruptions the world has ever seen: artificial intelligence (AI), the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) and augmented reality (AR) are just a few of the technologies changing the way we do business.
From big data to bitcoin and blockchain, the decisions you make right now will influence your business trajectory (and success) for the next decade and beyond.
Breaking Through Boundaries
Without doubt, the biggest disruption in industrial automation is the breakdown of boundaries between operations technology (OT) and information technology (IT) world, enabled by mobility and the cloud.
Every other disruption is a result of that breakthrough:
- Analytics to use the data
- Virtual reality, AR, mixed reality, wearables and mobile devices to display data where it’s needed
- Cybersecurity to help ensure the data is secure
- International standards to make the exchange of data easier and less costly
- Machine learning and AI to automate decision-making around data
Disruption: It’s How We Improve
Industry needs disruption. Agile companies that introduce new ideas to shake-up the status quo make us all better.