Who Should Attend
This course is intended for individuals who need to create, monitor, and troubleshoot Studio 5000 Logix Designer projects and hardware for GuardLogix systems.
To successfully complete this course, the following prerequisites are required:
- Understanding of international machine safety standards
- Verified completion of either of the following courses:
All technology is provided for student use in the classroom by Rockwell Automation. It is not necessary for students to bring any technology with them when attending this course.
To enhance and facilitate the students’ learning experiences, the following materials are provided as part of the course package:
- Student Manual includes the key concepts, definitions, examples, and activities presented in this course
- Lab Book provides learning activities and hands-on practice and solutions are included after each exercise for immediate feedback
- Studio 5000 Logix Designer and Logix5000 Procedures Guide provides step-by-step instructions for tasks that are common to all Logix 5000 hardware platforms. By following the procedures in this job aid, you can immediately apply what you learn to your own work.
Throughout the course, you will have the opportunity to practice skills you have learned through:
- Exercises that focus on the skills introduced in each lesson
- Exercises are performed on a GuardLogix workstation
Next Level Learning
Once you have an understanding of the topics and skills covered in this course, you may want to attend specific safety training such as: