Available with CIP Safety over EtherNet/IP
Our Bulletin 450L GuardShield™ POC safety light curtains are unlike traditional safety light curtains, which are based on separate transmitter and receiver units. Patented technology allows each transceiver to be used as a transmitter or receiver via an innovative plug-in module. The 450L-B is the basic model with on/off functionality. The advanced 450L-E model features integrated laser alignment, cascading, and integrated muting.
- Connection over EtherNet/IP makes the 450L-E light curtain a smart safety device that enhances safety while providing connectivity through The Connected Enterprise®
- Includes patented technology that allows each transceiver to be used either as a transmitter or receiver via an innovative plug-in module
- Features an active protective field that senses over the entire length of a transceiver
- Offers a wide range of protection heights 150…1950 mm (5.9…76.7 in.) in increments of 150 mm (0.5 ft)
- Features a compact housing design 30 x 30 mm (1.18 x 1.18 in.)
- Provides easy configuration of the start mode, external device monitoring (EDM), and scanning range by DIP switches on the plug-in modules
- Provides basic on/off functionality (450L-B only)
Bulletin 450L-E Safety Light Curtains
- Offers enhanced features including integrated laser alignment, longer operating range and options for cascading, blanking and integrated muting
- Features integrated laser alignment for fast and reliable installation
- Offers built-in cascading and integrated muting capabilities
Typical applications for the Bulletin 450L-B Safety Light Curtains include:
- Electronic fences
- Forming operations
- Robot cells
In Episode 2 of ROK Talk, Rob and Nathan talk to Product Manager, Derek Charge about the 450L GuardShield™ Safety Light Curtains. Learn what a light curtain is, how they help you make your machines safer, applications which are ideal for light curtains, the benefits of GuardShield's unique features and more.
450L GuardShield Safety Light Curtain Introduction
Ian Murgatroyd, Rockwell Automation EMEA Product Manager, gives an overview the Smart Safety 450L GuardShield light curtains.
450L GuardShield CIP Safety over EtherNet/IP
Watch this Introduction to CIP Safety over EtherNet/IP which is now the first of its kind on the 450L GuardShield safety light curtains.
Unboxing a 450L Safety Light Curtain
Watch as Product Manager, Derek Charge, unboxes the 450L Safety Light Curtains. He talks through the features and functionality.
How to Align a 450L Safety Light Curtain
Derek Charge, Rockwell Automation Product Manager, demonstrates how to align 450L safety light curtains. He talks through the features and functionality of the light curtains.
How To Perform the 450L GuardShield Confirmation Process
Derek Charge, Rockwell Automation Product Manager, demonstrates how to perform the confirmation process on 450L GuardShield safety light curtains.
Studio 5000 Setup for 450L GuardShield CIP Safety
This how to video details the integration of Studio 5000® with 450L GuardShield safety light curtains.
How to use the Brackets - 450L GuardShield Safety Light Curtains
Derek Charge, Rockwell Automation Product Manager, demonstrates how to use the brackets on 450L GuardShield safety light curtains.
GuardShield 450L-B Safety Light Curtain Video
Learn how patented transceiver technology can help improve your operations.
- CE Marked for all applicable directives
- cULus Listed
- KC Certified
- RCM Marked
- TÜV Certified
- UKCA Marked for all applicable regulations
- Type 4 per IEC/EN61496
- SIL 3 per IEC 61508
- PLe per EN/ISO 13849
- IEC/EN 61496 Parts 1 & 2
- IEC 61508
- EN/ISO 13849-1
- UL 1998
- UL 61496 Parts 1 & 2
Certifications apply when product is marked. See our Product Certification site for Declarations of Conformity, certificates and other certification details.