Our global supply chain plays a critical role in serving our channel partners and customers. We, along with many industries and customers, continue to feel the broad-based challenges in our supply chain due to the pandemic. As I have shared previously, ongoing supply constraints stemming from component shortages and related issues continue to impact our business. These market conditions have resulted in more frequent changes to our sales order promise dates and longer lead times for some of our product lines.
We are fully aware of the unfortunate inconvenience and frustration this has created for customers. Additionally, we recognize the importance of providing accurate lead times and timely updates as quickly as possible given the dynamic nature of our supply chain challenges. Therefore, we are adjusting lead times to align with our current reality while implementing an ongoing review cadence to keep you informed going forward.
For the foreseeable future, we will continue to regularly update and provide transparency to our product lead times for our teams and customers.
- Lead times will be adjusted to reflect fulfillment time – from order placement to delivery. Lead times consider current backlog and incoming supply.
- We will monitor and adjust our finished good lead times every two weeks (up and down) to ensure that we are appropriately reflecting the reality of our supply chain. This will help us, our partners and customers manage current market dynamics.
- Our goal is to return to our typical lead times and delivery as soon as possible.
In addition to this increased transparency of our lead times, our team has also taken the following actions:
- Increasing global capacity to build additional inventory where appropriate
- Scaling resources in our manufacturing facilities, while maintaining safety
- Finding agility in our supply base wherever possible, particularly with our largest suppliers to aid the most critical areas of operations
- Adapting logistics to secure additional freight capacity
- Minimizing expedites, by only considering expedites under the following circumstances: (1) manufacturing breakdowns, (2) orders related to COVID-19 vaccines and testing, and (3) orders related to government mandates
- Accelerating throughput for our distribution and fulfilment for surge capacity
- Increasing customer support resources, including a global cross-functional team with business, operations and regional leaders with dedicated resources for resolution, particularly for large order requirements and critical needs
Thank you for your continued partnership and collaboration. We remain fully committed to investing in a resilient supply chain and delivering operational excellence despite the adversity we all continue to face.
Senior Vice President and Chief Supply Chain Officer