We, along with many industries and customers, continue to face broad-based, ongoing supply constraints stemming from component shortages, material scarcity, logistics challenges, and related issues. These challenges are compounded by the macroeconomic conditions and geopolitical events around the world including war, unexpected shutdowns due to the pandemic, and natural disasters. As a result, there are longer lead times for some of our product lines and more frequent changes to our sales order shipment dates.
We have continued to update and post product lead times every two weeks to ensure that we are appropriately reflecting the reality of our supply chain. We continue to make system adjustments to improve our delivery date reliability and minimize reschedules. Additionally, we have made large-scale investments to support our orders growth. We are confident that we have built capacity across our network and we continue to monitor our capacity for any additional requirements.
Despite these investments, we continue to face volatility in the availability of components, which is beyond our control. We are fully aware of the unfortunate inconvenience and frustration this has created for partners and customers.
Ongoing actions we are taking:
- Extending order visibility to our supply base to ensure we are appropriately planning for extended component lead times
- Securing longer-term supply agreements with critical partners
- Re-engineering of existing products to increase component supply resiliency
- Capacity investments, with redundant manufacturing lines and additional electronic assembly equipment
- Qualification of additional suppliers to diversify our supplier base