Create a project from a remote location
Create a remote project from a remote location to collaborate with other users, or back up a version of the project to a remote repository.
Creating a project from a remote location creates the local project and the local repository. It also configures the associated remote repository URL. Commit changes locally and then push and pull changes so make the latest changes available to you and others.
- If there is an open project, selectProjectClose Project.
- SelectCloseor if there are changes to save, selectSave and close.
- On the Start page, selectNewand then selectRemote.
- Remote URL.Enter the URL of your remote repository. This is the location that stores projects remotely. If you do not know the URL, ask your System Administrator.
- Location. Enter the folder on your local computer where you will save and commit changes before pushing them to the remote repository. The default location is. SelectC:\Users\UserName\Documents\Rockwell Automation\FactoryTalk OptixBrowse filesTIP: If you are signed in toFactoryTalk Optix Studio, you do not have to know theRemote URLorLocation.Create a new projectautomatically displays all of the potential repositories accessible with your GitHub account and all of the remote projects that you can open.
- SelectOpen.Opening project from remoteappears in the status bar and the new project opens with the same name as the remote repository.
Have questions or feedback about this documentation? Please submit your feedback here.