Add a trend
Configure the source of the data to display in the Trend object. Add a pen for each data point you want drawn on the trend chart.
- InProject view, right-click a node to contain theTrendobject and select .
- InProperties, create a dynamic link betweenModeland a node or database from which you want to obtain the data.For more information about dynamic links, see Create dynamic links.TIP: To quickly configure the trend and trend pens for data logger data, fromProject view, drop a data logger onto the trend in the editor. You can also drop the data logger onto the trendModelinProperties.
- (optional) Configure the trend properties:
- UnderPens, associateTrendPenwith the pen data source.#Data typeData sourceReal time values of a specific variableA dynamic link to a variable.Real time values sampled by a data loggerA dynamic link to theLast valueproperty of a Data logger.Historic values of variables stored in a databaseThe name of the column of interest in a Database.Do not create a dynamic link to the column of interest in the Database. Provide the name of the column instead.
- (optional) Add a Y-axis by right-clicking aTrendPenand selectingYAxis.TIP: Adding more Y-axes to trend pens is useful for visualiz ing the same data in different scales. Control the scale by settingMaximum valueandMinimum valueproperties.
- (optional) Configure the X-axis properties:
- Interactive. IfTrue, makes the X-axis interactive at runtime.
- Date and time. Date and time that displays in the X-axis at runtime. Defaults to the current time.
- Follow. IfTrue, scrolls the X-axis automatically as time progresses at runtime.
- Time window. Time interval shown by the trend (in milliseconds).
- (optional) Configure the Y-axes properties:
- Automatic scaling. IfTrue, scales the Y-axis at runtime based on the minimum and maximum values.
- Interactive. IfTrue, makes the Y-axis interactive.
- Minimum value. Minimum value displayed on the Y-axis.
- Maximum value. Maximum value displayed on the Y-axis.
- (optional) To add a pen, next toPens, selectand repeat 4.
- (optional) Associate theRefreshmethod of theTrendobject with an event.For example, associate theRefreshmethod with theMouseClick eventof aButtonobject.
Have questions or feedback about this documentation? Please submit your feedback here.