Project secrets encryption
Encrypt sensitive data contained in projects.
To encrypt project secrets, while creating a project or saving an existing project:
- Log on toFactoryTalk HubinFactoryTalk Optix Studio
- Be a part of an organization.
- SelectEncrypt secrets.
- Encrypts passwords in projects.
- Encrypts custom objects with thePasswordDataType.
- In the projectYAMLfiles, which represent the project information model, replacesValuenodes withSecretValuenodes with encrypted text values.
FactoryTalk Optixhandles encrypted projects in a variety of ways:
- Opening an encrypted project when you do not have access to the organization blanks all project secrets.
- Saving an encrypted project as an unencrypted project blanks all secrets.
- Deploying an encrypted project to an unencrypted client displays a warning message. For more information, see Project encryption.
- Exporting an encrypted project to a USB device or folder does not encrypt the compiled project.
- Pasting an object from an encrypted project to an unencrypted project blanks the secrets.
- Adding an object to the Template Libraries in an encrypted project blanks the secrets.
- Pasting a password as a text to the clipboard is disabled in encrypted projects.
Have questions or feedback about this documentation? Please submit your feedback here.