Open a project
Open projects from a local folder, a network share, or a source repository.
You can open, but cannot version, projects that are not versioned with
- In the main toolbar, selectProjectThe Start page opens.
- Select the project to open:
- Recent project. SelectHomeor selectOpenand then selectRecentto select the project to open.TIP: When opening a recent project, you can displayAllprojects or onlyLocalorRemoteprojects afterFilter. Select the arrow to toggle the order of the projects based on the last date and time the projects were modified.
- Remote project. SelectOpenand then selectRemoteto select the project to open, or enter a URL to access a remote project:
- Remote URL. Enter the URL of your GitHub remote repository. The URL location that stores the project remotely. If you do not know the URL, ask your System Administrator.
- Location. Enter the folder on your local computer where you will save and commit changes before pushing them to the remote repository. The default location is. SelectC:\Users\UserName\Documents\Rockwell Automation\FactoryTalk OptixBrowse filesTIP: If you sign in toFactoryTalk Optixand GitHub, the Start page automatically displays all of the potential repositories that you can access with your GitHub account and all of the projects that you can open. Logging into GitHub andFactoryTalk® Hub™synchronizes the repositories.
- SelectOpen. "Opening project from remote" appears in the status bar and the new project opens with the same name as the remote repository.
- If the project was created using a previous versionFactoryTalk Optix Studio,Project Upgradeopens and updates to the last version. SelectUpgradeto upgrade and open the project.
The new project opens. If there was an existing project open, the project opens in a new instance of
FactoryTalk Optix Studio.
Have questions or feedback about this documentation? Please submit your feedback here.