Deploy a FactoryTalk Optix Application
Rockwell Automationclient devices automatically run
FactoryTalk Optix Applicationsupon deployment. Other client devices require you to start the application manually on the device or configure the application for automatic startup.
FactoryTalk Optix Studio desktop editorto deploy to either local or remote devices. Use
FactoryTalk Optix Studio web editorto deploy to remote devices only.
FactoryTalk Optix Studiouses
FactoryTalk Remote Accessto deploy to remote devices.
IMPORTANT: If a
FactoryTalk Optix Applicationis already running on a client device, deploying another
FactoryTalk Optix Applicationstops the other application.
- Confirm thatFactoryTalk Optix Application Update Serviceruns on the client device. See Install FactoryTalk Optix Application Update Service.IMPORTANT: To operate correctly,FactoryTalk Optix Application Update Servicerequires the TCP port 49100 to be reachable and a valid username with a configured password.
- Confirm that the client device has a valid license.IMPORTANT: If the client device is not licensed,FactoryTalk Optix Applicationsrun in the demo mode and stop automatically after 2 hours.
- Configure a device.IMPORTANT: Configure either a local or remote device. To configure a local device, see Manage client devices. To configure a remote device, openFactoryTalk Huband accessFactoryTalk Remote Access. In FactoryTalk Remote Access Online Help, seeDomain viewand scroll toTo add a device. The remote device must also have theFactoryTalk Remote AccessRuntime client installed and configured. In FactoryTalk Remote Access Online Help, seeClient configuration.
- To deploy aFactoryTalk Optix Application
- Select the configured device.
- If you selected a remote device, you must first establish a VPN connection to that device. SelectVPNRemote Desktop
- Enter the user password for the client device and selectOK.In the deployed project, video objects can play AVI and WMV videos by default. You can enable H.265 video codecs on the target device to play videos with MOV, MPG, MP4, and MKV formats. Web browser objects in the deployed project can stream only videos with MP4 format.
To stop the.
FactoryTalk Optix Applicationon the client device, select
NOTE: Clicking and holding a button on remote desktop when remote desktop does not have focus automatically increments the button if it is configured with
MouseClickevents. This is because bringing focus to remote desktop by clicking and holding the button automatically performs
Have questions or feedback about this documentation? Please submit your feedback here.