Make an active alarm visible
Activeproperty of a graphic object to make an alarm visible at runtime. Dynamically link the
Activevariable of the graphic object to the
Activevariable of an alarm. At runtime, the appearance of the graphic element changes when the alarm is active.
Activevariable requires no scripting or NetLogic. For example, you can create a digital alarm and then bind the
Activeproperty of a graphic element, such as an LED, to the
Activevariable of a digital or other alarm. The LED lights up at runtime when the alarm reaches its configured limits or state.
- Add an LED graphic object to a window
- Create and configure an alarm
- To make an active alarm visible
- FromProject view, open the window that contains the LED and select the LED.
- InPropertiesfor the LED, inActive, selectChange Dynamic Link
- In theDynamic Link Editor, expand theAlarmsfolder and expand the alarm.
- Select theActivevariable for the alarm.
The LED will now light with the color indicated in
Propertieswhen the alarm is active. The default color for the LED is red.
Have questions or feedback about this documentation? Please submit your feedback here.