Create an alarm type
Create and configure a custom alarm type to be able to create instances of the alarm type instead of creating multiple alarms that have different values for the same graphic object. Create custom properties for an alarm type to monitor different values from the different instances of the alarm in the
- To create an alarm type
- (optional) Add a custom property:
- With the alarm selected inProject view, inProperties, select, and then selectVariable.The new property appears.
- Enter a name for the property.
- Set the data type and enter a value or create a dynamic link to the node with the value.
- InType view, expandAlarms.
- Drag the alarm object fromProject viewintoAlarmsinType view.
The new alarm type has the suffix
and appears in(type)
Project viewin the same folder as the original alarm. The original alarm is now an instance of the new type.
Have questions or feedback about this documentation? Please submit your feedback here.