Specific global settings for the
FactoryTalk Optix Studiosoftware.
Global settings include the language displayed on the user interface, activation of the log messages, activation of features under development, the default code editor for any NetLogic C# code, the unit of measurement for physical lengths, and version control settings.
- In theFactoryTalk Optixtitle bar, select the drop-down arrow afterFactoryTalk Optix Studio OptionsFactoryTalk Optix Studio Options.
- InFactoryTalk Optix Studio Options, selectOptix Studioand complete:
- Language and Locale. Select the language for the user interface.
- New object naming language. Select the language used to display object names in the tooltips for new graphic objects. Select eitherEnglish (United States)orSame language as IDE.
- Advanced mode. Activate the advanced log messages displayed in theOutputpane. SelectingAdvanced modeand restartingFactoryTalk Optixallows you to create aBlankproject with no default content on the Start page.
- Show feature previews. ActivateFactoryTalk Optix Studiofeatures that are under development and may create instability in projects.
- Preferred code editor. Set the default code editor for any NetLogic C# code.
- Preferred physical length unit. Set the default unit of measurement for physical lengths.
- FTOptix Studio log level. Set the maximum log level to display in data log files and the theOutputpane:
- Error. Error messages.
- Warning. Warning messages.
- Info. Information messages.
- Verbose 1. First level verbose message for troubleshooting.
- Verbose 2. Second level verbose message for troubleshooting.
- Font style. Set the font style for the user interface on the desktop version ofFactoryTalk Optixonly. Accept the defaultRobotofont family, or selectSystemto use the default font of the operating system.
- Security warnings. Select to redisplay any C# warning about executing critical security references if you previously selectedDo not show this warning againwhen viewing the message.
- SelectVersion controland underVersion Control User Configuration, complete:
- User Name. The username of the logged in user account when a project is stored in a version control repository.
- User Email. The email address of the logged in user account when a project is stored in a version control repository.
- UnderVersion control providers and IDs, inSelect a provider, select the provider to use and selectAdd identity. After logging in with your credentials, the selected provider appears underProvider identity loginwith username of the logged in user.
Have questions or feedback about this documentation? Please submit your feedback here.