FactoryTalk Optix Studioversion 1.00.00 has these features.
- Projectscontain the elements of a project and application that represents your system. Projects contain objects, object types from which you create object instances, variables that determine the characteristics of objects, variable types, runtime method types, and NetLogic objects that implement custom application logics developed in C#. Create, open, upgrade, save, duplicate, restore, and backup projects. Manage project content by creating folders, moving, renaming, and deleting nodes, and view references of a node.
- Alarmsare events that indicate the status of a process of machine at runtime and indicate that an event, such as a temperature reaching a critical degree, requires attention or intervention. Create an alarm, create an alarm type from which you can create instances of an alarm, make alarms visible, create an Alarm grid that lists alarms, create an alarm log grid to view alarm log events, create an alarm message to appear when the event occurs, filter alarms, configure and acknowledge alarms.
- Aliasesare variables that point to a node and allow you to have instances of an object display different values. For example, a single motor faceplate can show data for multiple motors. Create an alias, create a dynamic link using an alias, and use widget and built-in aliases.
- Audit signingtriggers an electronic signature workflow when specific users and groups access select areas of your application or perform specific actions. Configure audit signing and default settings for electronic signature workflows.
- Communication driversestablish connections and import tags from controllers. Use this feature to configure a Communication driver and manage imported tags.
- Converterstransform the source value and assign the value to the parent node. Create a converter type to create a conditional, engineering unit, expression, key-value, linear, and string converters.
- DataStoredatabaserepresents a project-embedded or external database. Read and write to the database through SQL queries or OPC UA methods exposed by an object. Create a database and configure a database table structure to display database table data. Export a database table to a CSV file.
- Dynamic linkslink the variable of a parent node with the source node of another variable or object property. For example, set the text property of a label based on a temperature value. Create dynamic links and complex dynamic links.
- Eventsallow you to configure a response when a certain situation occurs at runtime. Add an event, add the method the event is to perform, create a custom event, add an event to an object from another object.
- FTPis File Transfer Protocol to communicate and transfer files between computers that are on a TCP/IP network such as the Internet. Configure an FTP server and client.
- Graphic and layout objectscreate the user interface and runtime application. Add and arrange graphic objects on the user interface editor, change the properties graphic objects, and allow runtime interaction with graphic objects. Create a presentation engine to determine how the interface of an application appears at runtime Create a style sheet to globally specify styles to appear at runtime.
- Librariescontain object definitions that you can add to your project. There are both built-in template libraries that contain general objects and user-defined libraries that contain customized objects. Create libraries, templates from an object or variable, and then apply a template to your project.
- Loggersamples values of one or more variables at user-defined intervals or every time a value changes. The logger then stores the value changes in a database. Manage data loggers, read operation codes, set dead-band interval properties, add an event logger, and display logger data.
- OPC UAis the OPC Unified Architecture standard with whichFactoryTalk Optix Studiois compliant.FactoryTalk Optix Studiocan communicate with any OPC UA client or server. OPC UA requires a minimum security policy and user identity types for each client. Manage the OPC UA server, OPC UA client, and manage OPC UA certificates and keys.
- Recipesare based on ingredients defined in recipe schema objects. Use the recipe editor widget to configure and manage recipes at runtime or to develop your own recipe management solution.
- Reportsare configured inFactoryTalk Optix Studioand display data from the control system and databases at runtime. Use theReportsobject to design, layout, and generate PDF reports.
- Retentivity storage. Retentivity storage allows you to retain changes made to the project at runtime in a data store. Create your own retentivity storage.
- Sessions and localesdetermine the context at runtime in which users executes reads and/or writes operations based on their permissions. The session displays information, such as the groups to which the user belongs and their locale. This information can be used to create dynamic interfaces based on the permissions of the user, settings, or custom property of the user. Configure user locales and idle timeouts. Specify measurement systems and time zones for a user.
- System objectallows you to access system settings that provide information such as an example date and time and the IP addresses of network interfaces. Add aSystemobject to configure the network interface settings and date and time. Add a button to restart the system at runtime.
- Translationsallow users in different locales to useFactoryTalk Optix Studioapplications because the application displays the language of the user at runtime. Use a localization dictionary to translate text strings in the interface of the application. Projects that use a standard template have a default localization dictionary in theTranslationsfolder. Create additional localization dictionaries to manage text string translations.
- Trendsdisplay how values change over time on a chart. You can display data from a database or sample it in real time. Add a trend object to a project at design time. At runtime, navigate a trend chart, zoom in and out, and display the details of a value.
- Version controlallows you to create versions of a project by committing changes that you make. By default, allFactoryTalk Optix Studioprojects have version control. Configure your user authentication to save changes of a local project to a repository, open a project from a remote location, or add version control to an existing project.View historyallows you to view changes to a project and work on a specific version of the project.
- Securityis part of your security policy and controls how users access your application. Add and view the users and groups configured for your project. Assign users to groups and change the user authentication mode.
- Deploymentcompiles and deploys aFactoryTalk Optix Studioproject to aFactoryTalk Optix Studioapplication on a client device. Export an application to a folder or USB drive to then transfer the application from the folder or USB drive. You can also run aFactoryTalk Optix Studioapplication in a Docker container.
Have questions or feedback about this documentation? Please submit your feedback here.