Who Should Attend
Individuals who are responsible for troubleshooting and maintaining PLC-5® systems using RSLogix 5 software should attend this course.
To successfully complete this course, the following prerequisites are required:
- Experience maintaining electrically controlled systems
- Working knowledge of programmable controllers or completion of PLC-5/SLC500 and RSLogix Fundamentals course (CCP122)
- Experience operating a personal computer within a Microsoft Windows environment
To enhance and facilitate the students’ learning experiences, the following materials are provided as part of the course package:
- Student Manual includes the key concepts, definitions, examples, and activities presented in this course
- Lab Book provides learning activities and hands-on practice. Solutions are included after each exercise for immediate feedback
- RSLogix 5 and PLC-5 Procedures Guide provides all the steps required to complete common tasks using RSLogix5 and RSLinx® software, including the tasks in the exercises. By following the procedures in this job aid, you can immediately apply what is learned in the course to your own job
- PLC-5 and RSLogix 5 Troubleshooting Guide contains diagnostic algorithms that lead to possible maintenance andtroubleshooting solutions
- 1785 PLC-5 Programmable Controllers Quick Reference provides a wide-range of maintenance informationabout the PLC-5 processors
Throughout this course, you will have the opportunity to practice the skills you have learned through a variety of hands-on exercises. These exercises focus on the skills introduced in each lesson.