Performance & Visibility
FactoryTalk Metrics enables manufacturers of all types and sizes to increase production, reduce costs, and increase quality using existing equipment and labor more effectively. This is accomplished through accurate reporting of real plant-floor activity.
FactoryTalk Metrics monitors plant-floor equipment and provides accurate, timely, granular, and specific information both on current machine performance, as well as providing detailed workcell/line/area/site historical data for long-term analysis. This data is the basis for understanding the real causes of inefficiency, waste, and lost capacity, and empowers plant personnel to make informed decisions around optimizing assets within a production facility or across a manufacturing enterprise.
FactoryTalk Metrics reports on OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness), but it is more than just an OEE reporting tool. Where OEE can tell you how a machine is performing over time, it cannot tell you why the machine is performing at that level. It is only by answering the "why" question and uncovering the root-causes of downtime and loss that real improvements can be made. In addition to OEE (and 14 other Key Performance Indicators (KPI)), FactoryTalk Metrics can collect and report on any machine events and their reasons that can be detected in the control system. So rather than trying to attack an undifferentiated block of downtime, FactoryTalk Metrics can provide the detail necessary to both understand downtime causes and to help you prioritize the improvements needed to increase efficiency.
FactoryTalk Metrics is a complete system for efficiency monitoring, event collection, and analysis. It offers:
- Uptime/downtime monitoring, along with any number of user-defined machine events, which identify the causes of inefficiency
- Accounting for all time using a built-in state engine
- Reporting of OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness) and 14 other standard performance indicators
- Reporting of all data (event, state, performance) by 9 built-in dimensions:
- Plant Model (S95 compliant)
- Five user-defined dimensions, such as operator, work order, batch, etc.
- Easy, flexible, scalable configuration
- Compatibility with any control system PLCs and HMIs using OPC standards
- Reliable, accurate 24/7 automated data collection from the control system
- Data storage in a standardized, efficient, usable form
- Highly configurable data collection formulas and calculations to minimize or eliminate modifications to control system programs
- Access to all reports with a Web browser
- Out-of-the-box reports, with powerful customization using dynamic parameters
- Automatic data collection configuration using a ControlLogix-compatible UDT