FactoryTalk Activation is part of the FactoryTalk Services Platform. It allows FactoryTalk enabled products to be activated via files generated by Rockwell Automation over the Internet. It eliminates the dependency on physical media to initiate activation. As a result, software activations can be delivered, distributed, stored, backed-up and moved electronically.
Key Benefits of FactoryTalk Activation include easily:
- Recovering activations after a computer failure with self-service rehosting
- Tracking and viewing activations and eliminate unused license purchases
- Sharing single software activation among many users
- Plug 'n' Play activations on stand-alone, non-networked computers with the NEW FactoryTalk Activation Dongle (9509-USB-DONG2)
- Configuring and setting access permissions and borrowing time limits
- Taking advantage of a 7-day grace period if activation problems are encountered
FactoryTalk Activation Manager is a NEW application available for customers to acquire and manage Rockwell Automation Software Activations.
Learn more about tools and services available to assist TechConnect customers in migrating to FactoryTalk Activation.
Rockwell Automation software products no longer ship with a physical master disk for activating software. Instead, these software products use activation files generated by Rockwell Automation and distributed over the Internet. All Rockwell Automation software products use the new electronic process, called FactoryTalk Activation.