FactoryTalk® AssetCentre provides you with a set of asset-centric focused tools to securely and centrally manage your factory and process automation production environments by securing access to the control system, tracking users' actions, managing asset configuration files, configuring process instruments and providing backup and recovery of operating asset configurations.
The scalable design of FactoryTalk AssetCentre allows for both easy expansion of asset counts and extensible feature sets. It also provides you an application adaptable to small line applications or site-wide installations.
To maximize your investment, it is crucial to manage assets effectively. It also means managing change and how it impacts uptime, productivity, quality, employee safety or regulatory compliance. Whatever your area of concern, the flexibility and scalability of FactoryTalk AssetCentre can help you and your organization meet your production goals.
With FactoryTalk AssetCentre you can:
- Source Control — leverages a centralized database to provide automatic version control. This allows proper file management and single master relationships.
- Disaster Recovery — ability to perform automated backup or backup and compare of Rockwell Automation and certain third-party assets improving MTBF and compliance to operating practices.
- Calibration Management — centrally schedule, manage, track and report calibration activities enabling compliance to regulatory or in-house quality procedures.
- Process Device Configuration — ability to centrally configure and troubleshoot smart process devices improving diagnostic capabilities, maintenance efficiency and MTBF performance.
- Audits — gather information centrally that is generated by user interactions with Rockwell Automation FactoryTalk-enabled applications, including FactoryTalk® AssetCentre. The audit trail consists of user, device, computer, time and action taken.
- Events — gather system-generated information centrally from FactoryTalk-enabled applications, including FactoryTalk AssetCentre. Typical event information may include time, source generating or messaging.
- Security — leverage powerful features of FactoryTalk Security to administer users and passwords on operator interfaces, historians, engineering and maintenance workstations. It even enforces security rights when machines are disconnected from the LAN.
- Reporting — scheduled and on-demand searches and traceability information from FactoryTalk Audit, Events or Source Control.
- Scheduler — runs periodic disaster recovery or reports. These are assigned to FactoryTalk AssetCentre-designated computers, or agents, and are load-balanced automatically across all agents.